When it comes to roofing in Sumner, WA, there is nobody better than Guardian
Our focus is always on the safety and the needs of every family in Sumner. We take our responsibility to protect against the elements seriously. Our team of knowledgeable, friendly, and reliable roofing experts will wow you every time.
Here’s what makes us different:
- We are always a phone call away! We have normal business hours between 7 am and 7 pm Monday through Saturday. Not to worry if you have a problem outside of those hours. We also have a 24-hour emergency line.
- We’re on time! Our goal is to be punctual for every appointment we make.
- Your project will always be top of mine. We only schedule our contractors for one job at a time, so yours will be the focus until it is complete.
- We give you straightforward pricing. We have a comprehensive inspection process that takes everything into account, so there will be no overages when you get the final bill.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
The roof is the very first line of defense against the elements. It’s a tough job, and it can be vulnerable with even the smallest problem. Anything could either develop into bigger problems, or by a sign of another unseen problem.
You can trust Guardian, as we are a Top 100 Roofing Contractor. Our professionals Master Elite Contractors are efficient and reliable and will solve your problem, big or small.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
Leaks are usually the first sign that there is a problem with the roof. However, just because you notice it during a rainfall does not mean that there wasn’t an underlying problem hiding for quite some time.
- Heavy storms, extreme temperatures both hot and cold, changing temperatures, and the sun can all cause damage to your roof over time.
- When snow and ice melt in the spring, the water will run down the roof towards the gutters. Sometimes, that water can seep under the shingles into tiny cracks. The wetness will cause those cracks to expand as time goes on.
- Missing or damaged shingles expose an area for leaking.
- Brick chimneys have mortar that holds them together. If the mortar wears down or gets damaged, then the home will be vulnerable to leaks.
- Skylights can be a weak spot as well if the seals that protect them dry out as they age. Water can start leaking in, and the entire skylight may need to be replaced.
- The same thing goes for vent openings. They have exposed fasteners which can fail over time.
- Large holes in your roof are often noticeable, but smaller ones can go unseen until it is too late. They can happen from debris or when you remove certain things like a satellite dish.
- The more complicated a roof is, the more difficult it is to waterproof. Every component, such as valleys and slopes have to be sealed or else the roof will be vulnerable.
- Inside the home, the attic can collect moisture. If it is not adequately ventilated, then the moisture can rot the rafters and damage the insulation.
- Water can back up under the shingles if the gutters and too blocked.
These conditions vary in severity, but our specialists will treat every roofing problem and your concerns with respect. One way to avoid many of these issues is by scheduling an inspection and maintenance schedule. Even a little preventative maintenance can go a long way towards saving you money and stress from repairs.
Wind is definitely an enemy of your roof. It will rip out and damage shingles when it gets too strong. Even the loss of one shingle can weaken the protection power of your roof immensely. Water can get in and rot the wood underneath. Many roofs have been completely ruined by debris that has been blown into roofs as well.
If you have gone through a strong wind period, head outside and take a look at your roof. Make sure that there are not missing or damaged shingles. Curling and cracking are sure signs that you have a problem. You may also see that the mortar for any chimnets has been displaced.
You should also inspect inside your home, especially in the attic. Your rafters and insulation may have damp spots. Leaks can also get down in between your walls, so check for signs of damage to your drywall and ceiling.
It is an unfortunate fact of life that some contractors are not as good or reputable as others. If a problem is not repaired correctly, then you could have some big problems. Not only will you have wasted money, but if that original problem continues to grow, then you could be in line for a massive repair bill.
This is why it is vital that you use the right contractor. You do not want to be left holding the bag because of shoddy workmanship. Here are some tips to find a reliable and reputable roofing contractor in Sumner.
- Read the reviews. There are many online directories that you can check for reviews. Angie’s List and Yelp are two of the best. Friends and family may also have some recommendations.
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB can provide you with useful information on many businesses. They have a rating system, and they will also list licenses and accreditations.
- See if they strive for excellence. The best contractors want to be the best they can be. That is why good companies will be able to list awards and designations that they have achieved. At Guardian, we have GAF certified Master Elite Roofing Contractors. Only 3% of all roofing contractors can make this claim. We are truly the roofing name to trust in Sumner.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company Some roofing companies will offer to save you money on the deductible and work with your insurance provider directly. This should be a red flag, as some companies may be trying to commit insurance fraud. Always work with the insurance company yourself to make sure it is done properly.
- Get multiple estimates It is always good to have options, and we are confident you will still find that Guardian is the best one.
- Compare material options. Sometimes, the success of a roofing project depends on the materials used. You will have to evaluate the materials being used against your need to balance the budget. There should be a safe middle ground.
Replacing your roof is a big investment in time, stress, and money. Your roofing contractor can give you all the information about your roof so that you can decide whether you want to repair it or replace it.
While you are evaluating bids for your replacement, do not go simply with price. The cheapest offer may be because they use inferior materials or do not provide excellent customer service. The most expensive may not be worth what you are getting.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: In many cases the first sign you might see that there is trouble is when there is water dripping from your ceiling or brown spots, which indicate water is pooling on top.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing protects things on your roof such as chimneys and vent pipes by directing water away. If your flashing looks like it isn’t doing the job, then call a professional immediately. It is an easy fix that will prevent big problems later on.
- Missing granules: Granules are on the top layer of shingles and protect in many ways. If they are starting to fall off, then it is warning sign that your roof is ready to be replaced.
- Buckled shingles: If shingles are buckling, it is a big clue that there could be a serious problem with your roof.
- Missing shingles or shakes: The wind can tear off shingles and displace shakes.
- Curling shingles or shakes: When the roof gets close to its last legs, the shingles may start to curl. If it’s been 15 years, then time might be up for your roof.
- Splitting shakes: Wood has natural oils that can evaporate over time. When the wood dries out, it can split, which makes it lose its strength. Once the wood starts splitting, you will need a new roof.
- Needles and leaves: Needles and leaves must be removed from your roof right away. Algae will thrive around this natural debris.
- Algae staining: If algae is allowed to take hold on your roof, it will start eating away at the wood. When this happens, there will be algae stains on your roof. Do not try to remove it yourself. Have a roofing professional from Guardian get rid of it safely and thoroughly.
We are committed to the comfort and safety of families all over Sumner. We are committed to the community and are here to help if there is damage or any potential issues with your roof.
The best way to avoid costly repairs is by taking steps to prevent problems before they get too big. All too often, homeowners don’t realize that there has been an underlying problem for a long time until there is a puddle on the floor. A preventative maintenance schedule will nip these problems in the bud.
Regular maintenance does cost money, but it can save money in the long run if you prevent any major repairs. At Guardian, we can provide you with a free 17-point inspection that will catch any issues.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
In Sumner, to schedule an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
The 17-point inspection is a comprehensive look at your roofing system. After it is complete, we can then provide you with an appropriate maintenance schedule, repair your roof, or suggest a replacement. Guardian provides this service at no cost so there is no risk to the homeowner.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Remember, our complete roof inspections are complementary. Please call 844-499-7822 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.