Roofing Materials & Price
The first thing we want homeowners to know is your roof isn’t just a roof – it’s a roof system. A roof system needs all the proper components to work efficiently and provide maximum protection and value. Average pricing can vary dramatically for a complete roof system as shown in the chart below.
|Type of Shingle||Approx. Price Range||Key Features|
|$16,000 – $40,000||
|$31,000 – $62,000||
|$38,000 – $80,000||
|$44,000 – $76,000||
Variables To Consider
It’s important to remember that your roof is one of the most valuable aspects of your home and the one component that can add the most value to it over time.
Workmanship & Material Warranties
Guardian Roofing & Gutters has one of the best workmanship warranties in Washington for roof installations. Additionally, each roofing material manufacturer has extensive warranties of their own. Learn more here »
Financing a roof replacement can help spread out the cost over time and ease the initial impact of it on your budget. Check out our current financing offers here »
Working With Insurance
If your roof was damaged during a storm or other weather event, your insurance may be able to cover all or a portion of the cost. Learn more here »
Additional Factors That Will Impact Cost
- Roof Pitch & Size: The square footage of your roof along with it’s pitch (elevation) can impact price
- Chimneys, Skylights, and other Features: Extra features of the roof or penetrations will also add on other costs to a roof
- Underlying Structural Repairs: Some homes may have rotten wood, pest issues, damaged insulation, or leaks that need addressed
- Permits: Roofing permits in Washington vary depending on the location of your home. Each city has different permit fees and requirements or maybe none at all so contact your local municipality.
- Clean up and Disposal Costs: If any clean up has to be done manually it can take more time and be much more labor intensive. The weight of the old material determines how much it costs for removing from the site and disposal. There may be an opportunity to recycle and possibly save costs while helping the environment by not having it go to a landfill.
Talk To The Experts
We’re here to help you determine your exact roof replacement cost.
Use the form below or call 877-926-9966 to schedule a FREE estimate at a day & time convenient for you where our roofing experts will evaluate the specific needs of your home and provide you with a written estimate.