Do not settle for anything less than the best roofing services in Lake Tapps. Guardian has you covered
Safety and security are the name of the game when it comes to roofing, and at Guardian, we fully believe it. We are committed to providing the best roofing services in Lake Tapps, no matter what size the job is.
Here’s what makes us different:
- We answer the phone! Our office is open between 7 and 7 six days a week. When the office isn’t open, we have a 24-hour emergency line. That way, we are never out of reach and you won’t have to wait for service.
- We’re punctual! We strive to be on time for every appointment we make. No general time frame needed.
- We focus on you until the job is complete. Our contractors are dedicated to providing the best service to their current client. They do not handle more than one job at a time.
- We give you straightforward pricing. Our estimates include everything possible, so you will not be surprised with your final bill.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
The roof is the only thing standing in between your family and the elements, so it is important to protect it. Even cosmetic damage can be a sign of a larger problem, or it can evolve into something bigger.
We are a Top 100 Roofing Contractor, which means you can sleep at night knowing that your roof was handled by the best in the business. Our Master Elite certified roofing contractor will fix or replace your roof efficiently and with excellent workmanship.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
A leaky roof is one of the greatest fears of any homeowner. It is the sign that there has been a failure in the roof, and repair bills are coming. Leaks also damage personal belongs and get into HVAC systems. Here are some of the most common causes for a leaky roof.
- Weather is the biggest cause of roof problems. It could be from extreme temperatures, UV from the sun, or temperatures that rise or fall quickly and dramatically.
- During the winter, snow and ice can build up on the roof. This places additional weight on the structure, and can cause it to sag or warp.
- Also, as snow melts the water could settle under the shingles and rot the wood below.
- Missing or damaged shingles expose an area for leaking.
- The mortar that holds brick chimneys together can be damaged or deteriorated.
- Skylights have vinyl and rubber seals. These seals can fail over time if they have cracked or dried out.
- The fasteners for vents tend to be exposed to the elements. Vents are not designed to last longer than the roof, so if the fasterneres fail, then you may have to replace the vent completely.
- Any holes that get punctured in your roof can lead to issues.
Intricate rooflines are very vulnerable to leaks. This is because it can hard to seal and waterproof every nook, cranny, valley, and joint of this type of roof.
- Sometimes the problems can come from inside. If moisture is allowed to build up in your attic, it can cause mold, rotting, and damage to your insulation. Make sure your attic is well ventilated.
- If gutters get blocked, then the water will back up under the shingles, and rot the wood underneath.
Some of these conditions may not seem that serious. However, even the smallest roofing problem can grow until there are massive issues. The best thing to do is practice good preventative habits to keep your roof safe and extend its life.
Wind is a major threat to the integrity of your roof. Wind can pull up shingles, crack them, or cause them to loosen. All of these things can allow water to seep under and get into the woodwork and insulation below. Wind can also blow objects onto your roof which can break shingles or even crack right through the wood.
After any high-wind event, go outside and inspect your roof. Check to see the state of the shingles. If there are any missing, or if some are cracked and curling, then you may need professional roofing help. You can also check inside your home for signs of water leaks, like discolored drywall and peeling paint.
Some roofing contractors are not as skilled and thorough as others. If your roof was not repaired correctly the first time, then it will leave your home vulnerable to leaks and mold. That is why it is so important to make the right choice of roofing contractors. We at Guardian are sure that we are the best bet for you roofing needs in Lake Tapps.
Finding the right roofing company from the start is key to avoiding these costly repairs. Here are a few steps you can take to make sure you choose the right roofing contractor:
- Read the reviews. There are many online sources for reviews. Check out Yelp and Angie’s list to see what others are saying about a particular contractor. You can also ask friends and family for recommendations.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. Good roofing contractors will have an A rating with the BBB. The BBB can also give other important information, such as what accreditations the company has and now long they have been in business.
- Look for industry awards and designations. The best contractors are always looking at rising to the top of their respective industries. At Guardian, we are one of only 3% of roofing companies to earn the prestigious GAF certification. It means that our specialists are considered Master Elite Contractors.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company There are some contractors who will offer to work with your insurance company directly, and to save you ithe deductible. All too often, these outfits are looking to engage in insurance fraud, and such as offer should be a red flag. You should be the one who deals with the insurance company at every step.
- Get multiple estimates so you can compare the price and scope of the work.
- Compare material options. There are many material options for roof repairs and replacements. It is up to you to weigh your budget concerns with wanting the best material possible to keep your home secure.
Sometimes it can be difficult to know whether you should have your roof repaired or if a complete replacement would be more appropriate. Your roofing contractor can give you all of the information you need to make an informed decision.
It is always best to ask lots of questions when meeting with potential roofing contractors. That way, your concerns will be met and you will have the most information possible to weigh the offers. While you may want to be cost-effective, the cheapest bid is not always the best one to choose.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: If water is leaking into your home, then the first sign might be large brown spots on the ceiling or even dripping through the ceiling.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing protects roof components such as vent pipes and skylights. If you think flashing might be damaged, call a professional immediately to address the problem.
- Missing granules: Missing granules are a tell-tale sign that your roof needs to be replaced. Granules protect the roof from UV, which can seriously damage the roof.
- Buckled shingles: Buckles shingles may seem relatively benign, but they are a sign that there are major issues with your roof. Contact a professional to have them diagnose the problem and develop a plan to fix it.
- Missing shingles or shakes: As mentioned, the wind can pull shingles right off the roof, leaving everything underneath exposed to rain, snow, and wind.
- Curling shingles or shakes: Curling most often happens when the roof is much older. By the time you notice curling shingles or shakes, it may be at the point where the roof needs replacing, especially if it is 15 years old or more. Splitting shakes: Over time, wood will dry out and split. At this point, it is no longer strong enough to properly support your roof, and the entire structure will need to be replaced.
- Needles and leaves: Keep natural debris, such as pine needles and leaves, off of your roof. They promote algae growth, which can destroy your roof if left too long.
- Algae staining: Algae stains are a sure sign that algae is eating away at the wood of your roof. Do not try to remove the stains with a pressure washer, as it may cause more damage. The roofing experts at Guardian can get rid of the stains safely and without damaging your roof.
We are dedicated to providing safe and secure home to every client that we service. If you see any of the damage listed above or are unsure of something, please give us a call right away to come and inspect your roof.
It is always better to prevent problems than to have to deal with them after the fact. If you take preventative measures for your roof, you can extend its life and keep your home and family safe. Scheduling an annual inspection will help catch any developing issues and protect your home. While there is more of a cost to these inspections, they can save you money down the road by avoiding hefty repair or replacement bills.
Guardian has a 17-point inspection process that will cover your entire roofing system. After gathering all the information, we can recommend a maintenance schedule, any repairs that are needed, or whether the roof needs to be completely replaced.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
To schedule an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
There is no more comprehensive inspection protocol in Lake Tapps. Our complementary 17-point inspection will encompass anything that is a threat to your roof and to those inside the home.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Remember, our complete roof inspections are complementary. Please call 844-499-7822 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.