In Purdy you have many choices for roofing contractors. Why choose Guardian?
We are the roofing experts in Purdy and the surrounding area. We understand that the safety and security of your family are paramount, and we are dedicated to making sure your roof is safely and thoroughly waterproofed.
Here’s what makes us different:
- You can always reach us! We have regular office hours between 7 am to 7 pm, but we also have an emergency line so we can help any time of day.
- We meet you on time! We take pride in being on time for all of our appointments.
- You are our priority. We never double book our contractors, so you can be assured that the focus will be on your job until it is finished.We give you straightforward pricing. We have a comprehensive inspection process that leaves nothing out. There will be no surprises on your final bill. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
The roof shields your home from damaging rain, snow, and wind. Even the tiniest bit of damage can either lead to big problems down the road or be a symptom of a big underlying issue. Guardian is a top 100 Roofing Contractor, so you can trust us to solve your problems efficiently and professionally. Our roofing contractors are certified GAF Master Elite Contractors and are always willing to help.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
A leaking roof is a common fear for any homeowner. Once water gets into your home, it is sometimes the first indication that there is a problem. While you will notice it during a rainfall, the problems almost definitely started much earlier.
- Freezing or extreme heating temperatures, along with rapid temperature changes can all cause issues. The sun beating down on your roof can also cause it to age quickly.
- Extra weight from snow and ice can put pressure on the roof and cause sagging and warping. Not only that, but melting snow can seep into cracks under the shingles and cause them to expand as time goes on.
- If you have missing shingles then water can quite easily get into the wood and seep into your insulation.
- The mortar that binds brick chimneys can get damaged, leading to breaches and gaps where water can get through.
- Skylights are also vulnerable at the point where they are sealed. They require vinyl and rubber seals that can dry out and crack.
- Any components on your roof, such as vents, may have fastenters that are exposed to the elements. They can fail and cause leaking. Vents are not designed to last long, so you may need to replace them.
- There are many ways that holes can get punctured into your roof. Larger ones are easy to spot, but sometimes damage is smaller and less noticeable.
- If you have an intricate roofline, then it can be difficult to seal it completely. Every inch, including valleys and joints has to be waterproofed.
- Moisture can build up in your attic if you do not have proper ventilation. Otherwise, moisture can cause mold, rotting, and can damage your insulation.
- If your gutters are blocked, then the water can back up and seep into the wood under the shingles. This can cause rotting and water seeping into the home.
As we mentioned, even if the damage seems minor, there is always a chance that it will develop into something bigger. One of the best ways to prevent leaking is to have annual inspections and regular maintenance to catch problems before they get too big.
Wind is a major enemy of any roof. It can damage shingles and even rip them off the roof altogether. This can lead to rotting, leaking, and water damage in your home. Wind can also place tree branches and other debris onto your roof that can cause major damage.
If you have experienced a wind storm, it’s a great idea to inspect your roof for damage. You may spot missing shingles, or ones that have curled or cracked. You should also clear out any debris in your gutters and make sure the mortar on your chimneys is still in place.
Check inside your home too. Your attic is an especially telling spot. See if there is any dampness present on the rafters or in the insulation.
You can also check the drywall around the home for signs of damage, discoloration, and paint that is peeling.
When you choose the right contractor, you can be assured that your home is well protected. However, when a contractor either makes a mistake or misrepresented their skill, you will end up with higher repair bills down the road. This is why it is vital to find a reputable contractor like Guardian to tackle your roofing problems. Here are some tips for choosing the best contractor possible.
- Read the reviews. Check directories like Yelp and Angie’s list for reviews and opinions.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. The BBB will have a rating for many businesses, and will also list licenses and accreditations. It will also state whether the company is properly insured.
- Look for industry awards and designations. At Guardian, we continually strive to be the best at what we do. That means that we work hard to win awards and achieve designations. We are part of the small 3% of roofing contractors that have achieved GAF certification, meaning that our roofing experts are GAF Master Elite Contractors. You can sleep well at night knowing that our best in the business roofing specialists have fixed your roofing issues.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
Work directly with your insurance company Make sure that you work closely with the insurance company to make sure your claim is properly processed. Be very sceptical of any companies that offer to work directly with your insurance. In many cases, this is an attempt to commit insurance fraud.
- Get multiple estimates Always have many options. We are still confident you will find Guardian is your best choice.
- Compare material options. Not all materials are created equal. It will be up to you to balance the need to meet your budget with the materials that are available.
Deciding whether to repair your roof or replace it is not an easy task. Consult with your contractor so that you have all the information you need to make an informed decision.
When you are meeting with contractors for quotes, ask a lot of questions. You want to be fully informed when you are deciding which bid to choose. The cheapest, or most expensive, are not necessarily the best options.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: Dripping from the ceiling or brown spots can mean that your roof has suffered massive damage.
- Damaged flashing: If your flashing is damaged, then water can seep in through your skylights, chimneys, and vent pipes. Fixing flashing is quick and simple, but it can save you a lot of money in potential repairs.
- Missing granules: If there are granules missing from shingles, then you are losing the protection your roof needs. When it gets to this point, then you probably need a new roof.
- Buckled shingles: Buckled shingles should be examined immediately by a professional, and often mean that the roof is at the end of the line.
- Missing shingles or shakes: Wind can tear off shingles and shakes and expose your roof to the elements.
- Curling shingles or shakes: If your shingles are curling and the roof is about 15 years old or more, then it may be time for a replacement.
- Splitting shakes: Wood has a natural oil that dissipates as time goes on. When this happens, it is susceptible to splitting. This threatens the structural integrity of your wood, and it means that you need a replacement.
- Needles and leaves: Keep debris off your roof, since it can cause damage. Leaves and organic material can even encourage the growth of algae, which can eat into the wood of your roof.
- Algae staining: Once algae has taken root and starts to feed, it will stain your roof. Removing it yourself can cause more damage. A professional from Guardian can remove the stains safely using professional-grade products and equipment.
- Safety is always at the top of mind for all of our roofing contractors. We are committed to the Purdy community and to the safety of families in the community. If you think your roof is damaged in any way, then contact us immediately to address it.
A regular inspection and maintenance schedule can help many of the major problems from developing in the first place. Unfortunately, all too often roof problems are not detected until there is a puddle on the floor of the kitchen. Guardian offers a free 17-point inspection. We can also recommend a routine maintenance schedule.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
In Purdy, to schedule an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
A 17-point inspection covers every component of your roof. With the information, we can then advise whether you need a repair or a replacement, and we can devise an appropriate maintenance plan and schedule.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles. Remember, our complete roof inspections are complementary. Please call 844-499-7822 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.