In Issaquah, WA, there is only one choice for the best roofing services: Guardian
At Guardian, we know that the roof is a vital part of protecting your home from the elements. That is why our roofing specialists are committed to making sure that you are satisfied, every step of the way.
Here’s what makes us different:
- We pick up the phone! We are open from 7am-7pm 6 days a week, not counting Sunday. However, after your business hours you can reach us on our emergency line. That means that we can serve you faster, without having to wait for the office to open.
- We’re on time! At Guardian, it is a point of pride for us to be punctual for all of our scheduled appointment times.
- We focus on you until the job is complete. You are our focus through every stage of the job. We do not double-book, so your roof will have our full attention.
- We give you straightforward pricing. We have an extremely comprehensive inspection process that will take everything into account. That way, nothing should surprise you on the final bill.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
Your roof is the very first line of defense against rain, snow, wind, and anything else nature has to throw at your home. It is a strong component of your home, but it can be surprisingly delicate. Even what seems like cosmetic damage can either lead to big problems or signify another larger problem under the surface.
Guardian as a Top 100 Roofing Contractor, which means that it adheres to the highest standards of the industry. Our professionals are GAF Master Elite Contractors and are dedicated to keeping your home and family protected from harm.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
A leak may be the first indication you have that there is a problem with the roof. However, while you may notice these problems during a rainfall, there are many reasons for why that water is getting through in the first place.
- Weather is a big cause of leaks. Storms with high winds and excessive water are major factors, as are temperatures that change rapidly. During the summer, the sun beating down on your roof can cause it to age quickly.
- Also during the winter, snow and ice tend to build up and put pressure on the roof. This additional weight can cause sagging and warping. As well, as snow and ice melt, the water can be setting in cracks under the shingles. Eventually, the cracks will expand and the water can leak down into the wood and insulation underneath.
- Missing or damaged shingles expose an area for leaking.
- If you have a brick chimney, then the mortar that holds it together can get damaged or deteriorate with time.
- Skylights are very susceptible to leaks. The rubber and vinyl components that seal the light can dry out, crack, or simply deteriorate with age. When this happens, the entire skylight may have to be replaced.
- Vents have fasteners that are exposed to the elements, and this will wear down and start to leak as well.
- Sometimes, holes get punctured into a roof because of things being installed, such as satellite dishes, or simply from debris that has gotten up on the roof. Water can flow into these holes and into your home.
- If you have a complicated or intricate roofline, it will be tricky to ensure that it is waterproof. Every inch, including the valleys, joints, and slopes, must be sealed to properly protect your home.
- Moisture tends to collect in attics, especially if the ventilation isn’t adequate. This can lead to mold, but also rot the wood and seep into the insulation. This can cause leaks and other issues. Make sure that your attic is properly ventilated at all times.
- When gutters get blocked and there is nowhere for water to go, it can seep back up under the shingles and rot the wood that is installed there.
Some of these may seem like small problems, but even the smallest of roof problems can lead to major repairs and even replacement. Scheduling an annual inspection will help catch some of those smaller problems before they get too big and save yourself some big repair bills.
Wind can definitely cause major damage to your roof in several ways. First off, it can pull shingles clear off the roof, exposing the wood underneath. It can also bring tree branches and other dangerous debris onto the roof and cause catastrophic damage.
After a windstorm, it is a good idea to inspect the roof for any issues. This includes make sure there aren’t any missing shingles, and seeing if there is any noticeable curling, cracked, or torn shingles. If you have a brick chimney then you should check the mortal for signs of damage as well.
Inside the home, check for damp or brown spots on the ceiling. Your rafters and insulation may also have damp spots that can develop into rotting and mold. Your drywall also may show signs of water damage, such as sagging, spots, and peeling paint.
Unfortunately, not all contractors are as thorough and take as much pride in their work as Guardian. When a roof is not repaired properly, then not only is the damage still there, but the homeowner will have a false sense of security thinking that the roof is safe. This can lead to problems growing even bigger, along with the repair bills that come after.
It is important that you choose the right roofing contractor that you can trust to deliver the results you need. Paying more upfront for a reputable contractor can save you thousands down the road.
- Read the reviews. Yelp and Angie’s List are good reputable sites to check for reviews for potential roofing contractors in Issaquah. You can also ask friends and family for any recommendations since they will have first-hand knowledge of what it is like to work with that contractor.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. Do not settle for anything less than an A rating with the BBB. The listing should also have any accreditation requirements that have been fulfilled, and whether the company is bonded and insured.
- Look for industry awards and designations. Reputable roofing contractors work hard to earn awards and designations from their industry peers. These things show that the company is committed to providing the best and most comprehensive services possible. In the roofing industry, only 3% of companies can lay claim to being GAF certified. Guardian is among that small group, meaning we are considered Master Elite Roofing Contractors.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company Some companies may offer to work with the insurance company and even offer to rebate the deductible. This can be a red flag, since many disreputable companies will do this to attempt insurance fraud. Be careful to avoid these companies.
- Get multiple estimates so you can compare the price and scope of the work.
- Compare material options. Materials can vary, but there are many perfectly find materials for lower costs. However, some companies use cheap materials simply to cut costs. It will be up to you to weigh your budget needs against getting the best possible materials.
Consult with your potential contractors about whether or not you need a repair or a full replacement. They can offer you a lot of guidance and advice so that you make the right choice. It is a big decision and a big investment, so you want to have all of the facts.
While getting quotes and estimates, make sure to ask a lot of questions. This will help you finally decide on which contractor to use. You need to weigh your budgetary needs with keeping your family safe and comfortable.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: Spots or water damage are sure signs that there is a major problem with your roof.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing helps protects roof elements by directing flowing water away and safety into the gutters. IF they are damaged, then water could leak in through your skylights, chimneys, and vent pipes.
- Missing granules: MIssing granules is a tell-tale sign that your roof may be due for replacing. They protect against UV, and if you are shedding granules then your roof is only getting more vulnerable by the day.
- Buckled shingles: Buckling shingles is another sign that the roof may have reached the end of the road. Have one of Guardian’s Issaquah specialists inspect your roof to identify the problem.
- Missing shingles or shakes: Wind generally causes this problem. Missing shingles and shakes leaves your roof open to water getting in. It is also an issue if the shingles or shakes are curling.
- Splitting shakes: As wood loses its natural oils with age, it can be vulnerable to cracking, which will leave your roof in a weakened state. It is usually an indication that the roof is on its last legs.
- Needles and leaves: Make sure to remove needles and leaves as soon as possible if you see them building up on your roof. They encourage the growth of algae, which wreaks havoc on your roof.
- Algae staining: If algae develops on your roof and is left to develop on its own, then it will start to eat through the wood. Do not try to clean the stains yourself. A professional from Guardian can remove the stains safely and without further damage to the roof.
All homeowners want to keep their family or the occupants of their home safe. Guardian is committed to the Issaquah community and understands the need to protect it.
In medicine, a common saying is that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This goes for roofing as well. Preventative measures can extend the life of your roof by years. Too many people completely take their roof for granted until it is too late and water is already leaking into the attic. Signing up for a yearly maintenance plan costs money up front, but it will save money, in the long run, by preventing massive problems.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
In Issaquah, to schedule an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
Our 17-point inspection will give us a comprehensive view of your roof and any issues that may be developing. We can then advise you as to whether you need repairs, replacement, or simple upkeep. This inspection is no cost, so you have nothing to lose. In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.