Your best option for Roofing Services in Bonney Lake, WA
At Guardian, we care about your roof as if it were our own. At every step of your restoration, repair, or replacement, we will take the utmost care in considering the needs and safety of your family and your home. We are committed to providing the best roofing services in Bonney Lake and the surrounding area.
Here’s what makes us different:
- We are always available! We have staff available to answer your call from 7-7 every day. After hours, we have a 24-hour emergency line, so you can always reach us if you have a problem.
- We show up on time! Appointment times are just as important to us as they are to you. We understand that you have other things in your life to attend to, so we will never leave you waiting.
- We focus on you until the job is complete. Our contractors do not juggle several jobs at once. If we are at your home, then that is where we are focused, right up until the job is completely finished.
- No Surprises! Our pricing is straightforward and easy to understand. You will never get sticker shock from unforeseen charges and fees.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
Your roof is the first line of defense against mother nature. Even though it has such a big job, it is still susceptible to damage. Even the smallest issues can lead to big problems. Guardian is a top 100 roofing contractor, so you can be sure that we will be thorough and reliable when we work on your roof, no matter what size the job is. We can repair cosmetic damage or we can replace your entire roof. When it comes to roofing, there’s nothing we can’t do.
Here are some of the main reasons why you may need repairs for your roof.
Leaks are probably the most common reason why homeowners call a roofing professional. Often itis after a big rainstorm that homeowners notice an issues, but leaks can happen in other circumstances as well.
- Storms, freezing and thawing, extreme hot or cold, or even just a hard sun can cause your roof to wear down and start to crack
- If snow and ice are allowed to accumulate, then it can cause cracking underneath the shingles. As these cracks expand, your shingles can get damaged. Snow and ice can also warp your roof because of the extra weight.
- High winds can blow shingles right off the roof.
- Chimneys made of bricks can start to wear down as the mortar ages. This can cause leaking, as can problems with the flashing. This problem includes skylights as well.
- Roof vents also have fasteners which do not last as long as the roof does, and may need replacing.
- Any sort of holes, such as those caused by installing or uninstalling a satellite dish can lead to leaks.
- If a roof has an intricate or complicated design, it can only make it more difficult to waterproof.
- Blocked gutters can cause water to back up and get under shingles. This can rot the wood and expose your home to leaks.
- Homes with attics can often allow too much moisture to build up if there is not sufficient ventilation. If the moisture starts to cause rotting, then your roof could fail.
While some of these issues are more serious than others, even the smaller ones can lead to larger problems. One way to prevent problems from getting bigger is to get annual inspections of your roof so that any potential problems can be nipped in the bud.
Strong winds can pull up shingles and expose the insulation and wood underneath to the elements. This means that water and snow can get in and rot it out. Wind can also blow debris onto your roof that causes damage. If you have experienced high winds in your area, make sure to do an inspection of your roof to check for loose or vanished shingles. You may also want to check your gutters to see if debris has gotten into them and blocked them up.
Sometimes, unfortunately, sub-par workmanship can be the cause of leaks and other problems with your roof. If something is not installed correctly, then it can cause massive problems that you will have to hire another company to fix. The best thing to do is to choose the right roofer in the first place. Guardian Roofing Services in Bonney Lake is committed to your satisfaction, every step of the way. Here are some tips for finding the right roofing contractor.
- Read the reviews. Look for consistencies (good or bad) on sites like Yelp or Angie’s List. A lot of satisfied customers will mention their contractor by name.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. Look for an A rating and check to see that they’ve fulfilled the accreditation requirements, such as being in business for 12 months, insurance coverage, and licensing.
- Look for industry awards and designations. These are difficult to get and are given to ethical companies who perform excellent work and provide top-notch customer service. One aware of distinction you should seek out is the GAF certification (General Aniline & Film manufacturing company). Only the top 3% of roofing companies can be recognized as Master Elite Contractors.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company to ensure the claim is handled properly. It may be tempting and convenient to let the roofing company handle this step, especially if they offer to save you the insurance deductible. Don’t do it. It’s likely they’re committing insurance fraud.
- Get multiple estimates so you can compare the price and scope of the work.
- Compare material options. Some are going to be more expensive, and there are steps to take to ensure longevity, which may also be costlier. Decide what your goals are and evaluate accordingly.
Having your roof replaced entirely is a big investment. If your roof is damaged, you will have to decide with the help of your roofing contractor whether it can be repaired, or if it is better to replace the whole thing. Make sure that when you are getting quotes for the job, that you take every factor into consideration. Price should not be the sole determining factor. Going with the wrong contractor could cost you major bucks down the road.
If you see some of these issues with your roof or home, then it is time to call Guardian Roofing Services to get them dealt with fast.
- Wet spots on the ceiling: brown spots or dripping signify that substantial damage has occurred. This issue needs to be addressed immediately.
- Damaged flashing: Skylights, chimneys, vent pipes and dormers need adequate flashing to protect against leaks. If it doesn’t look right, call a trained professional to fix it. It’s a simple procedure and necessary for maintenance.
- Missing granules: This is a sign that it is at the end of its life. It is more susceptible to leaks, or even blowing off. The granules act as a UV protector and without them, your roof is vulnerable and also ages exponentially faster.
- Buckled shingles: These are usually a symptom of a more serious issue. Contact someone right away for an inspection and diagnosis.
- Missing shingles or shakes: This happens due to wind, but having missing shingles or shakes exposes your roof to a variety of mishaps.
- Curling shingles or shakes: Curling happens at the end of the roof’s life. If it is more than 15 years old and you see curling, it’s usually a sign that it’s time for a replacement.
- Splitting shakes: Wood loses its natural oils over time, causing splitting. Again, this is a symptom that it is nearing the end of its useful life.
- Needles and leaves: While it may seem harmless, not removing needles and leaves promotes the growth of algae, which will take root and destroy your roof.
- Algae staining: Algae stains indicate that there is moss and algae are feeding on your wood. Avoid the temptation to do a high-pressure wash yourself to remove the stain as this will damage the roof. Instead, you should contact a professional to use a non-abrasive, non-toxic way to perform the cleaning.
Safety is the most important priority for any good roofer, and Guardian is no different. Make sure to give us call immediately for a free estimate if you spot any of these problems.
Your roof, much like any other component of your home, will last longer if you practice good maintenance habits. By working to prevent issues from developing, your roof will be stronger and last longer. If you wait until you see problems, then it might be too late and expensive repairs may already be on the horizon. Guardian offers a cost-effective maintenance plan that involves an annual inspection. If you call us for your first inspection, we’ll give it to you free, and then discuss maintenance plans with you.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
To schedule an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
17-Point Roof Inspections
We evaluate your roof based on 17 factors that are vital for the reliability of your roof. When we have fully evaluated your roof, we will then be able to decide if it needs repairs, replacement, or a simple maintenance plan to keep things fine-tuned. Here’s what we check out when we run our inspections:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Don’t forget, the first inspection is completely free. Call Guardian at 844-499-7822 or schedule online. Guardian can make sure that your home and family are protected from mother nature.