There are several choices in Federal Way for roofing contractors, but Guardian is the best.
The experts at Guardian Roofing Services are dedicated to providing all of our clients with the service and comfort they need when having their roof replaced or repaired. There is nothing more important than the safety and security of the families in Federal Way and the surrounding area.
Here’s what makes us different:
- You can always reach us! We are open for regular business hours from 7-7, Monday to Friday. Outside of those hours, we also have a dedicated 24-hour emergency line, so you never have to wait very long for service.We’re punctual! We pride ourselves on being where we say we are going to be when we say we are going to be there.
- We focus on you until the job is complete. We only book one job at a time per contractor, so you are the sole focus until the job is done.
- We give you straightforward pricing. Our inspection process is thorough and covers everything, so you do not have to worry about surprise charges at the end.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
Your roof protects your home, which in turn protects you and your family. It is incredibly important, and surprisingly delicate as well.Even the smallest bit of damage can lead to major problems or be a symptom of something larger.
Guardian is a Top 100 Roofing Contractor, so our Federal Way customers can rest assured that we will provide top-notch service and top-notch quality every time. No matter the size of the job, our GAF Master Elite Contractors are dedicated to getting the job done right.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
Leaking is far away and way the most common roofing issue that a homeowner will face. However, while a leak might be the first sign that there is a problem, there are several different possible causes for that leaking.
- Rainstorms, extreme hot or cold, or rapidly changing temperatures can all cause damage to the roof. A summer with a relentless sun burning down on your roof will also accelerate its aging.
- Snow and ice can build up on your roof. This weight can cause the roof to sag or warp. As ice melts, the water runoff can collect in the little cracks under the shingles. Over time these cracks will expand and allow more moisture in, which can rot wood and lead to leaks.
- Shingles are there to protect your roof. If they are missing or damaged then you are at risk.
Brick chimneys are held together by mortar. If the mortar is damaged or the flashing around the chimney fails, then leaks are sure to follow.
- This can also happen with skylights. They have rubber seals that can dry out, crack, or get damaged.
- Fasteners for vents are exposed, so they tend to fail over time. Vents are not built to last longer than the roof itself, so you may need to replace them.
- Sometimes holes get put in your roof through damage or when installing components like antennae or dishes.If you have a large roof or intricate designs, then waterproofing can be especially difficult. Every nook and cranny must be sealed to prevent water from getting through.
- Attics must be properly ventilated to keep moisture from building up. It can lead to rotting, mold, and damage to the insulations.
- Debris that builds up in gutters can cause water to back up under the shingles and rot out the wood.
One of the best things you can do is to have Guardian inspect your roof every year for signs of issues. Many of the worst roofing problems start small and end up bigger because they are not caught in time.
Powerful winds can single-handedly pull up shingles off of your roof, which exposes your insulation and wood to rain. As the water gets in, it can rot your wood, damage the insulation, and leak into your home.
Any time you feel like the winds have been strong, go inspect your roof. Make sure that there are no missing shingles, or that they aren’t curling or cracking. Gutters also tend to get clogged from debris that has blown into them. The wind can also blow debris right onto the roof, such as tree branches. These can be extremely dangerous for your roof.
Inside the home, your rafter may have been damaged from water that got in after the shingles were damaged. Keep an eye out for brown spots on your ceilings or peeling paint.
Unfortunately, not all roofing contractors are created equal. If your contractor does not repair your roof properly, then it can be exposed to further damage that ends up being more severe than the original problem. That is why it is vital to find the best contractor to service your roofing needs.
Finding the right roofing company from the start is key to avoiding these costly repairs. Here are a few steps you can take to make sure you choose the right roofing contractor:
- Check for reviews. A reputable roofing company will have reviews on Yelp, Angie’s List, or even on their social media pages. Check them out and look for consistencies in both positive and negative reviews.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. A good roofing company will have A rating with the BBB. Their listing should also indicate if they have any accreditations and will say how long they have been in operation.
- Look for industry awards and designations. Getting awards and designations means that a company has fulfilled difficult requirements to achieve them. For roofers, there is not designation higher than the GAF certification, which is awarded to only 3% of contractors. Guardian is GAF certified, which means we are considered Master Elite Contractors.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company You should work with your insurance yourself. Do not allow the roofer to handle your claims for you, as you could be opening yourself up to insurance fraud.
- Get multiple estimates so you can compare the price and scope of the work.
- Compare material options. There are a variety of material options out there, and some are not as good as others. Some contractor will use sub-par materials to try to cut costs.
It is sometimes difficult to decide whether to repair your roof or to undergo a complete replacement. Consult with your contractor to determine all of the factors to consider before making the choice.
Make sure to evaluate all of the aspects of any bids for work you receive. The cheapest option may suit your budget, but it may not be the best one. If you pay less only to pay more in repairs and earlier replacement down the road, then it wouldn’t’ really be worth it.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: If water is leaking into the building, then it can collect on top of your ceilings. By the point you notice brown or wet spots, there is probably already significant damage to the roof.
- Damaged flashing: Certain components of your roof, such as dormers, skylights, and vent pipes have flashing to protect them. If the flashing gets damaged, then water can enter your home through these openings.
- Missing granules: The granules on your shingles are the absolute first line of defense against the elements. They even reflect UV rays. If you notice missing granules, then your roof is probably close to needing a replacement.
- Buckled shingles: These are usually a symptom of a more serious issue. Contact someone right away for an inspection and diagnosis.
- Missing shingles or shakes: Wind has a tendency to blow shingles and shakes off of roofs.
- Curling shingles or shakes: IF your shingles or shakes are curling, then your roof is getting near the end of its useful life.
- Splitting shakes: The natural oils in wood tend to evaporate over time, which leaves wood susceptible to splitting. When the wood starts to split, then your roof is compromised and should be replaced.
- Needles and leaves: Algae buildup is caused by needles and leaves that are left to sit on your roof. It is important to remove them as quickly as possible.
- Algae staining: If you notice algae stains on your roof, then it is a sign that the algae is consuming the wood under your shingles. Removing them yourself could cause more damage and issues. An expert from Guardian in Federal Way can remove the stains safely without causing further damage.
There’s nothing more important than keeping your family safe, and we take our commitment to the community seriously. If you’ve noticed any of the above damage, call us right away for a free inspection and estimate.
Not having to react to problems is the best way to keep your roof strong. Preventative maintenance will extend the life of your roof and keep your home secure. All too often, homeowners do not pay enough attention to the roof until it is too late. Catching issues early can save big dollars in repair bills down the road. Guardian offers a complementary 17-point inspection that will catch problems early and fix them before they develop into something more.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
In Federal Way, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
The 17-point inspection gives us an extensive view of the condition of your roof. After collecting the information, we can then make recommendations on next steps, whether it be setting up an inspection schedule, repairing any issues, or replacing the roof altogether. It is no cost, so it presents no risk to you.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Please call 877-926-9966 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.