Top-quality roofing contractors in Buckley, WA
At Guardian Roofing Services, we take the safety and security of every home we serve very seriously. Our professionals are well-trained and experienced. They can handle any problem you might have with your roof. We are focused on complete customer satisfaction with every job we do.
Here’s why we stand out against the rest:
- We answer the phone! Our regular business hours are between 7am and 7pm, Monday through Saturday. However, even if you have an emergency after hours, we provide a 24-hour line so you can reach us no matter what time it is.
- We’re punctual! We pride ourselves on being on time for all of our appointments.
- We focus on you until the job is complete. If a contractor is working on your home, then that is where they are focused. We do not schedule jobs simultaneously, so you can be sure that you have your contractors complete attention.
- We give you straightforward pricing. With Guardian, we take everything into account when give you a price estimate. There are no surprises.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Our goal is always your satisfaction. We are so sure that we will meet your expectations, that we will give you your money back if we don’t.
When you are thinking about protecting your home from the elements, then the roof is the first place to start. Even the smallest bit of cosmetic damage can lead to big problems, or it can be a symptom of something bigger.
Guardian is a Top 100 Roofing Contractor. That means you can trust us to provide thorough and professional roofing services for every job we do. No matter whether it is a minor repair or replacement of your roof, our GAF Master Elite roofing contractors will get it done.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
A roof that leaks is one of most common household problems, and also the most feared. In many cases the leaking is noticed after a big rainfall, but that isn’t always the case.
- Storms, rapid freezing or thawing, extreme heat or cold, and a hot sun can all cause your roof to wear down and show its age.
- Snow and ice can collect on your roof and moisture can seep under the shingles. As the water expands, it will cause the cracks to grow, which can damage or push the shingles right off your roof. Snow and ice are also heavy, and can cause warping or sagging.
- Damage or missing shingles leave your roof exposed to the elements.
- The mortar on brick chimneys can loosen and crumble, causing the chimney to college. The flashing on your roof can also easily get damaged.
- The seals on skylights can also wear down, dry out, and crack, which can lead to leaks.
- Outdoor vents on the roof have fasteners that are often uncovered. They can wear down and fail, and may need to be replaced before your roof does.
- Sometimes your roof can be damaged, or there can be holes left by things that have been installed on the roof.
- If you have an elaborate roofline, then it can be hard to properly waterproof. Waterproofing must adequately cover every inch of the surface including any slope and joint.
- Attics can be a spot for rotting if they are not properly ventilated. Moisture can build up and cause wood to fail underneath your roof.
- If your gutters are blocked, then water can seep into shingles and rot the wood underneath.
Some of these problems may not seem as serious as others. However, even the tiniest of issues with your roof can lead to big problems down the road. Scheduling regular inspections and preventative maintenance services can help big problems from developing.
Wind can wreak a lot of havoc on your roof. Strong winds can pull up your shingles and expose insulation and wood to rotting. Wind will also blow debris such as tree branches onto your roof.
After a windstorm, it’s a good idea to go and inspect your roof right away. See if there are damaged or displaced shingles, or if any are curled. You may even notice missing shingles. As well, check to make sure your gutters haven’t been blocked up with debris.
You should also check things out inside your home, too. See if there are any damp spots in your attic rafters and insulation. Inspect your drywall too for signs of moisture, which can include peeling paint or warping.
It may not be nature that causes your roof to leak. If it was worked on by someone who has provided faulty workmanship, then your roof could be in trouble. If someone fixed your roof improperly, then it could lead to any number of problems, such as leaking, mold, and water damage in your home. Your repair costs could end up shooting up astronomically if you think your roof is secure when it really is not.
Finding the right roofing company from the start is key to avoiding these costly repairs. Here are a few steps you can take to make sure you choose the right roofing contractor:
- Read the reviews. Check out reviews online and see if you can find some consistencies. If there are a lot of negative reviews, then stay away. Also, look for words like trustworthy and reliable.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. You should settle for nothing less than a A rating. These ratings will also show if the company has the right accreditations and if they have been in business for long.
- Look for industry awards and designations. Industry awards and designations are proof that the company has fulfilled specific requirements to be included. This includes quality workmanship and great customer service. Only a very small percentage of roofing companies are recognized as Master Elite Contractors, and Guardian Home in Buckley is one of these elite firms.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company You may be tempted to let the roofing contractor deal with the insurance company, but it is best to handle it yourself. You could leave yourself open to insurance fraud, so make sure you are involved with the insurance company at every step of the way.
- Get multiple estimates It is always a good idea to get several estimates so that you have options.
- Compare material options. Not all materials are created equal. Some are more expensive because they are of higher quality and provide more longevity. You will need to balance cost and performance to see what fits your budget and your needs.
Getting a new roof is a large investment that should not be taken lightly. It is important to have a thorough conversation with your roofing contractor before deciding to go with a repair or a replacement. Make sure to closely examine every estimate you get for the job. You may want to go with the cheapest option, but that may not be a good idea. The cheapest may involve sub-par materials, or could even be some kind of scam. Ask a lot of questions and do not be afraid to say no.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: if you are seeing brown spots, or if there is dripping coming from your ceiling, then call Guardian immediately for help.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing helps protect roof components such as skylights, chimneys, vents, and dormers. If your flashing is damaged then water can get into your home easily. It is an easy fix in most cases, but one that can prevent massive damage.
- Missing granules: Sometimes shingles lose their granules. This is a good indication that your shingles need to be replaced. It leaves them more susceptible to damage and leaks.
- Buckled shingles: This can be a sign of serious problems. Make sure to call us right away if this is the case.
- Missing shingles or shakes: Most often this happens because of high winds. Missing shingles exposes your roof to catastrophic damage.
- Curling shingles or shakes: Curling shingles is a sign that the roof is getting near the end of its useful life. Usually you will notice curling start after about 15 years of life. At this point, you will probably need a roof replacement.
- Splitting shakes: Wood loses its natural oils over time, causing splitting. Again, this is a symptom that it is nearing the end of its useful life.
- Needles and leaves: Leaves and needles may not seem like a big problem, but they can encourage the growth of algae and mold. These can damage your roof.
- Algae staining: Algae stains should be removed by a professional. You may think you can remove them yourself, but you may damage your roof even further.
Protecting your family means making sure that your home is safe from the elements. If you see any of these problems, then contact Guardian Home immediately for a free inspection and estimate.
They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and this same principle applies to your roof.
Preventative maintenance can help your roof last longer, saving you money. Unfortunately, too many people wait until they see damage before taking action. By that point, it might be too late to prevent huge repair bills.
Regular roof maintenance doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, the investment you make in preventing damage will save you money in the long run, since you are less likely to have large repair bills. Give us a call today for a complimentary 17-point inspection and a maintenance schedule.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
To schedule an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
Our comprehensive 17-point inspection will allow us to get a complete picture of your roof. With this information, we can then advise you whether you need repairs, replacement, or simple maintenance.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Remember, our complete roof inspections are complementary. Please call 844-499-7822 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.