Ravensdale residents have one choice for the very best roofing services, and that choice is Guardian.
We are dedicated to the safety and security of your home and your family. Our specialists take your concerns seriously and strive to provide the best service possible.
Here’s what makes us different:
- We answer the phone! Our regular office hours are 7-7, Monday through Saturday. On top of that, we have a 24-hour emergency line so we are never unavailable.
- We’re punctual! We are always on time when we set appointments.
- We focus on you until the job is complete. Our contractors only manage one job at a time, so the focus is always on your project.
- We give you straightforward pricing. There Will never be sticker shock when the final bill comes. We still with our quotes.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
Even if there is damage that you do not think is serious, you should have it checked out. It may be something that can lead to bigger issue, or it might be a symptom of an underlying problem. We are a top 100 Roofing Contractor, so you can rest assured that our team of GAF Master Elite Contractors can solve your problems quickly and thoroughly.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
If your roof is leaking, it can be an incredibly stressful situation. You may notice the leak during rainfall, but chances are that the problems started much earlier. Here are some common causes of leaky roofs.
- Storms, extreme temperatures, and rapidly changing temperatures can all wreak havoc on your roof. A hot sun beating down can also cause your roof to age quickly.
- It is not just the temperature that is dangerous for a roof in the snow. The extra weight can cause warping and sagging. Melting snow cna also seep under shingles and rot the wood.
- If shingles are missing, then your roof is severely exposed.
- The mortar that binds your brick chimneys can get damaged or deteriorate. The same goes for the flashing around the chimney.
- Skylights are just as vulnerable. The sealant can dry out over time, and water can start to seep through. When this happens, you may need to replace the skylight.
- The fasteners for vents openings tend to be exposed, which means that can break down and fail.
- Holes can be punctured into your roof in any number of ways. Smaller holes are sometimes not as noticeable, but they can still lead to major damage.
- Complicated and intricate rooflines can be extremely difficult to waterproof since every spot needs to be sealed, including valleys and joints.
- An attic can collect moisture if it is not vented properly. If moisture builds up, then it can rot the wood of the rafters and damage the insulation.
- Blocked rain gutters can cause rainwater to seep under shingles and rot the wood underneath.
Some common roofing problems may seem minor, but without a fix they can become major. To prevent leaks, be proactive and sign up for annual inspections and maintenance. This can help extend the life of your roof and save you money in the long run.
Wind damages a roof in many ways. For one, it can pull at shingles and damage them or rip them right off the roof. This can expose the wood and insulation and lead to rotting and water damage. They can also bring tree branches onto your home, which will damage your shingles.
Inspect your roof after any high wind event. If there are curled or cracked shingles, or if any are missing, then you will need to contact a roofing expert at Guardian to fix it.
Check inside your home as well for signs of leaking, such as peeling paint and sagging or damaged drywall. The rafters in your attic may also have damp spots.
You need to make sure that the contractor you choose for your roofing is reputable and skilled. Otherwise, you could end up with serious problems that will only get worse if left too long. What started as a minor problem could balloon if not handled correctly by a certified professional.
Finding the right roofing company from the start is key to avoiding these costly repairs. Here are a few steps you can take to make sure you choose the right roofing contractor:
- Read the reviews. Yelp and Angie’s List provide customer reviews that other information that can help you weed out the unreliable options.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. You should want no less than an A rating for any roofing contractor. The BBB will also list the relevant licenses, accreditations, and insurance coverages.
- Look for industry awards and designations. The best contractors want to be recognized as the best in their field. They do that by striving for awards and designations. These mean that the company has fulfilled the rigorous requirements and you can be assured that they offer the best in customer service and workmanship. Our experts are classified as GAF Master Elite Contractors. With them on the case, you can relax and trust that everything is under expert control.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company It may be tempting to accept if the roofing company says they can get you a deal on teh deductible and work with the insurance company. In too many cases this is an attempt to commit insurance fraud, and you should avoid these companies just in case.
- Get multiple estimates Always give yourself options so you can get the best deal.
- Compare material options. Some materials are better than others. Some cost more, and some are more cost-efficient. It is up to you to balance the quality of the materials with your budgetary needs.
Replacing your roof is an investment of time, money, and can create a lot of stress. It sometimes comes down to a choice between getting a repair and getting a replacement. A good contractor will be able to provide you with all the information you need to make the best choice.
When trying to choose between quotes and offers, do not just take price into consideration. Cheap prices may mean sub-par work or materials. The most expensive quote may not be worth the service you are getting. Ask lots of question and do not give in to any pressure tactics.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: Ceilings can develop brown spots from water damage if there is a leak. Any spots or dripping water should be investigated by a professional immediately.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing protects roof components like skylights and chimneys. If you suspect you have damaged flashing, then get it repaired right away. It’s an easy fix, but if left alone you could end up with a major leak as water starts to seep in.
- Missing granules: Granules perform many functions, such as offering UV protection and helping protect against the elements. If they have started to detach, then your roof may be at the end of its life cycle.
- Buckled shingles: Buckled shingles are a vulnerability, and happen as the shingles age. Get a professional in to diagnose the project right away.
- Missing shingles or shakes: Missing shingles or shakes means that water can directly access the wood and insulation underneath.
- Curling shingles or shakes: When a roof has gotten to be at least 15 years old and the shingles or shakes start to curl, it usually means you need a new roof.
- Splitting shakes: Shakes start to split when the natural oils of the wood have dissipated. When this happens, it is yet another sign that you probably need the entire roof replaced.
- Needles and leaves: Biological debris like leaves and needles can cause the growth of algae, which will eat into your wood and threaten the structural integrity of the roof.
- Algae staining: Once algae has taken hold, it will stain your roof. If you try to spray it off, you could cause further damage. A professional from Guardian can use special techniques and products to remove the stains and the algae quickly and safely.
We take our job of protecting the homes of Ravensdale seriously. For every job we do, the safety of the home and its occupants is always the main priority. If you see anything you suspect might be damage to your roof, then call us immediately to investigate.
Preventing problems before they get to the point of no return is a better option than repairing the damage after the fact. A great way to do this is by using preventative maintenance. If you have prevention on the mind, then you can nip many problems in the bud. Getting on a regular inspection and maintenance schedule will help with this. It will not only prevent repairs, but it can even extend the life of your roof. It does not have to be expensive, either. Guardian can provide you with a 17-point inspection and set up a maintenance schedule for you. You will make up the cost of the maintenance by not having hefty repair bills and waiting longer to buy a new roof.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
In Ravenswood, you can schedule an evaluation by calling our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
The Guardian 17-point inspection gives us all the information we need to properly evaluate your roof. From there we can advise you whether you need a repair, a replacement or even nothing. We will also use the information to strategize an appropriate maintenance schedule plan for you.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Remember, our complete roof inspections are complementary. Please call 844-499-7822 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.