The absolute best option for roofing service in Fife, WA is Guardian
At Guardian, we understand how important the safety and comfort of your family is. That is why our expert roofing contracts are committed to providing the best service and workmanship for our clients in Fife.
Here’s what makes us different:
We answer the phone! Not only are we open 12 hours a day, from 7-7 Monday through Saturday, but we also have a designated emergency line for after-hours call. We are quite simply never out of reach.
- We’re punctual! We show up on time for appointments. We do not believe that giving a general time frame is convenient for our customers.
- We focus on you until the job is complete. We never book more than 1 job at a time for our expert roofers. Their attention is on your until the job is complete.
- We give you straightforward pricing. We have a comprehensive inspection process that ensures we will not miss a thing. You won’t have to worry about surprise last minute costs.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
As homeowners, we all want to protect our homes and hate people who live in them. Protection starts with the roof. It is the first line of defense against the elements. Even the smallest bit of damage can lead to major issues or be a sign of a larger underlying problem.
As a Top 100 Roofing Contractor, you can rest assured that the knowledgeable professionals at Guardian will efficiently and thoroughly address your problem and make it right. Big or small, we will treat your roofing issues with the respect it deserves.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
Leaking is often the first sign that there is a problem with the roof. However, a leak is just the symptom. There could be many other reasons for why that water has made its way into your home. Here are some of the most common.
- Extreme weather conditions are major culprits. This could mean rain and windstorms, but it could also be extreme temperatures. If the temperature shifts rapidly it can also cause your roof to fail.
- Melting snow that has built up on the roof can cause water to build up under your shingles. This can eventually make its way into the wood and cause rotting. Ice and snow also place pressure on the roof, which can lead to sagging or warping.
- Missing or damaged shingles expose an area for leaking.
- Mortar for chimneys and other components can get damaged or deteriorate with age. The flashing around the chimney can also fail or get damaged.
- Skylights have vinyl seals that can wear down, dry out, or just crack. The skyline may need to be replaced if this is the case.
- Vent pipes that come out of your roof can also expose your home to water. The fasteners they required often get damaged and wear down. Vents are not designed to last longer than your roof, so you may need to replace them.
- If your roof gets holes, such as from debris or from installing components lush as a dish, then water can sneak in that way.
- If you have a complicated roofline, then it will be susceptible to leaks. This is because it can be more difficult to seal than simpler roofs. Every crevice, valley, and joint must be covered, and something could get missed.
- Attics have tendency to collect moisture, and if the ventilation isn’t up to snuff, then you could get mold, rot, and damage to your insulation.
- Gutters that get blocked cause water to back up under the shingles and rot the wood underneath.
Some of these conditions seem more severe than others. However, even small roof problems can develop into bigger ones. That is why preventative maintenance is so important. Stopping those little problems from developing can save you stress, time, and money down the road.
Wind can be particularly damaging for your roof. It can pull shingles right off if it’s strong enough. When that happens, then water will get directly into the wood and insulation and cause rotting and leaking. Wind also blows dangerous objects onto your oof that could damage the shingles and layers of protection underneath.
IF you have had a windstorm, head outside right after to inspect the roof. See if the shingles look damaged or if there are any missing. If you notice curling and cracking shingles, that is also a problem and roof is vulnerable. You can also see if the mortar for your chimney is damaged or crumbling.
Make sure to check out your attic as well. Make sure there are no damp spots on your rafters or on your insulation. You can also go around the house to see if there is any discolored drywall or peeling paint.
Choosing the wrong contractor can be disastrous. If they do not repair your roof properly, then you could end up with massive repair bills to correct the problems that it caused. That is why you should make the effort to find a reputable contractor that can provide you with top-quality service and workmanship, like Guardian in Fife.
Finding the right roofing company from the start is key to avoiding these costly repairs. Here are a few steps you can take to make sure you choose the right roofing contractor:
- Read the reviews. Reviews sites, such as Yelp and Angie’s List, provide a great insight into how a company operates. Read as many as possible so that you can get a big look at their success with the public.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. When it comes to roofing contractors, do not settle for anything less than an A rating. The BBB will also have listings for their accreditations and list how long they have been in operation.
- Look for industry awards and designations. Awards and designations mean that a company has fulfilled certain rigorous requirements. You can be assured that you are going to get the best in service and care that the industry has to offer. Guardian in Fife is part of the only 3% of roofing contractors in the country that are GAF certified, which means we are qualified as Master Elite Contractors.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company All too often, companies that offer to work with the insurance company on your behalf are up to no good. You should deal with the insurance company yourself to prevent insurance fraud from unscrupulous contractors.
- Get multiple estimates It is always important to get many opinions so that you have a range or choices.
- Compare material options. The right materials can mean the difference between a long-lasting solid roof and needing repairs in a few years after you get roofing services. Look up the reliability of the materials the contractor is going to use to see if it is reliable.
While in the end it is the choice of the homeowner whether the roof will be repaired or replaced, a good contractor will provide advice and guidance regarding making that choice. Make sure when you are consulting with contractors that you evaluate the entirely of a bid. The cheapest isn’t always the best choice if they are using sub-par materials or do not provide great customer service. Do not be afraid to ask a lot of questions.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: If you notice dripping from the ceiling or brownish spots, then there is probably major damage to your roof.
- Damaged flashing: To protect against leaks, components such as dormers and vent pipes require flashing to redirect the water. If the flashing is damaged then the water can get in through those components.
- Missing granules: If the granules on your roof are no longer adequately adhering to the shingles, then it is probably a sign that your roof is nearing the end of its life. Granules protect against UV rays which can seriously damage a roof.
- Buckled shingles: Buckled shingles are more often than not a symptom of a much larger problem. You should have a Fife expert from Guardian inspect the shingles immediately. These are usually a symptom of a more serious issue. Contact someone right away for an inspection and diagnosis.
- Missing shingles or shakes: This happens due to the wind, but having missing shingles or shakes exposes your roof to a variety of mishaps.
- Curling shingles or shakes: As the roof nears the end of its life the shingles may start to curl. If your roof is around 15 years old, then it is most likely time for a replacement.
- Splitting shakes: Wood wll lost its natural oils as it ages. Once the oil is gone the wood may start to split which will weaken your roof.
- Needles and leaves: Needles and leaves encourage the growth of algae on your roof. Algae can eat into the wood under your shingles and affect the integrity of the roof.
- Algae staining: One sure sign that algae is causing havoc with your roof is staining. If algae has taken root on your roof, do not try to remove it yourself. An expert from Guardian can remove the stains using special techniques and products that will not harm the roof father.
At Guardian, we are committed to keeping families in the Fife community safe and protected from the elements. If you notice any of the issues above, call us right away so we can address it as soon as possible.
The best way to avoid costly repair bills is to prevent the roof from getting to that point in the first place. Unfortunately for many homeowners, the first sign they’ve noticed that there is a problem is when their ceiling starts to sag and the damage is already done. Guardian provides a free 17-point inspection that will fully evaluate the integrity of your roof.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
If you are in Fife, call our office at 877-926-9966 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
Guardian’s 17-point inspection provides us with all of the information we need to prepare the best service strategy possible for you roof. AFter the inspection, we can advise you as to what, if any, repairs need to be made, or if the roof needs to be replaced completely. The inspection is free, so there is no risk for you.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.