In Ollala, there are several options for roofing services. Guardian stands out above the rest
At Guardian, we are all about roofing. We take the security and comfort of your family seriously and are dedicated to providing top notch customer service and quality.
Here’s what makes us different:
We are always available! Besides our office hours of 7-7 Monday through Saturday, we also have an after-hours emergency line so you can get help no matter what time of day.
- We’re on time! We understand that you have better things to do than wait for contractors, which is why we strive to be on time for every appointment.
- You will have our complete focus. Our roofing experts only work on one job at a time, so you can be sure that their focus is on you until the job is done. We give you straightforward pricing. We fully inspect your roof and provide you with all the information you need, so there are no surprises.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
We believe that the key to protecting your home against the elements is your roof. While it has such an important job, it can still be susceptible from damage from surprising places. Even a tiny amount of damage can lead to larger issues or be a sign of something bigger.
Guardian is a Top 100 Roofing Contractor, so you know that you are getting the best in service and quality. Our professionals are dedicated to helping our clients with any roofing problem they might have. Whether you have a minor repair, or need an entirely new roof, our Master Elite Contractors are available to help.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
A leaky roof is a prime fear for any homeowner. It can be horrific when it happens, but it’s important to understand what causes those leaks. Here are several of the most common.
- Weather is a big cause of issues. This can include wind, rain, and snow. Extreme temperatures and fluctuating temperatures are big dangers, as is the sun during an especially hot summer.
- The roof is meant to protect against snow and ice, but they can damage your roof. If there is too much of either, then the weight can cause sagging or warping. When it melts, the water can seep into small cracks below the shingles and cause those cracks to widen. This allows more water in which can infiltrate the wood and insulation.
- Missing or damaged shingles expose an area for leaking.
- Brick chimneys are vulnerable through the mortar that holds them together. If this starts to break down or is damaged. Water can seep in.
- Skylights are also vulnerable. They use rubber of vinyl to seal them, and this seal can dry out and crack.
- The fasteners for vents are usually exposed to the elements, and can wear down. This can lead to leaking as the water can get in.
- Sometimes you can have small unnoticed holes from damage or removing equipment like a dish or an antenna.
- If you have a complicated roofline, then it can be tricky to waterproof. Every surface and component must be sealed completely to protect the integrity of the roof.
- Moisture can build up in your attic and cause issues with rotting and mold. MAke sure that you have proper ventilation to get moisture out of your attic promptly.
- Water can seep up under shingles if it is blocked from flowing out. If this happens, then the wood under the shingles can rot.
Some problems are worse than others, but even the tiniest issue can lead to huge problems down the road. One of the best things you can do is scheduled preventative maintenance appointments so that you are proactive in repairing any damage.
Wind can be a big problem for your roof. It damages and pulls up shingles which can leave the underside of your roof exposed. It will also blow debris onto your roof, such as tree branches, which can damage your shingles.
If you have experienced a period of high winds, then it can’t hurt to give your roof a good once-over. Check for missing shingles, curling shingles, or cracked ones. Also, take a look at your gutters to see if any debris has ended up in them.
Sometimes a contractor can make a mistake or is negligent when doing their job. When that happens, you could have some major repair bills in your future. That is why it is important to choose only the best roofing contractor in Ollala, like Guardian. Here are some tips for finding the right roofing company.
- Read the reviews. Yelp and Angie’s List are good online sources for contractor reviews. You can also ask family and friends for their recommendations and opinions.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. The BBB cna have a wealth of information. Not only do they have a rating system, but they also list any accreditations and licenses, as well as the length of time the business has been serving the community.
Look for industry awards and designations. At Guardian, we work very hard to fulfill the requirements of our industries top awards and designation. That is why we are part of the 3% of roofing contractors who have achieved GAF certification. By providing the best in service and quality, our contractors are classified as Master Elite Contractors. You can be assured that when you have one of our experts working on your roof, you have one of the very best in our field.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company Some contractors may offer to work with your insurance company for you and offer to save on the deductible. As tempting as it may be, sometimes these are scams to commit insurance fraud. Choose a different contractor and avoid getting involved.
- Get multiple estimates It is always good to have lots of options, but we are certain you will find Guardian is the best choice for your Ollala home.
- Compare material options. Materials play a big part in the strength of a roof. You will need to weigh your budget and the benefits and drawbacks of the various possible materials.
Replacing your roof involves an investment of money and of time, and it can be a stressful process. Make sure to fully consult with your contractor so you can make an informed decision whether you want to repair or replace the roof.
When getting estimates for this kind of work, remember that cheaper is not always the best option. Not all contractors are equal, and neither are the materials they use.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: Dripping from the ceiling or even just brown spots can indicate there has been major damage to your roof.
- Damaged flashing: Skylights, chimneys, vent pipes and dormers are partially protected by flashing that directs water away from them. If your flashing doesn’t seem to be working right, get it looked at right away. It can usually be fixed easily and will save you big bucks down the road.
- Missing granules: The granules on shingles perform a number of functions, and if they start detaching then it could mean that the roof has to be replaced.
- Buckled shingles: Shingles that have buckled are a major symptom that you have a major issue with the roof.
- Missing shingles or shakes: Shingles are the first line of defense, and if there are some missing, your roof apparatus is exposed and water can start getting int almost immediately.
- Curling shingles or shakes: If your shakes or shingles are curling, and your roof is around 15 or more years old, then your roof may have reached the end of its useful life.
- Splitting shakes: Over time, wood can lose its natural oils. When this happens it can be prone to splitting, which weakens your roofing system. When this happens, the entire roof will need to be replaced.
- Needles and leaves: Keep your roof clear of natural debris like needles and leaves since they can promote algae growth.
- Algae staining: Algae can cause staining as it takes root and eats into your wood. Do not try to remove it yourself, as you could cause more damage. Only a professional should clean it off.
There’s nothing more important than keeping your family safe, and we take our commitment to the community seriously. If you’ve noticed any of the above damage, call us right away for a free inspection and estimate.
It is much better to prevent damage than to pay for it after the fact. Preventative maintenance is the best way to protect your roof and protect your pocketbook. The cost of a regular maintenance plan will be more than made up for by not having to pay for damage that has developed undetected over a period of time. Guardian offers a complementary 17-point inspection and can give you a customized maintenance schedule.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
In Ollala, to schedule an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
We have an extensive 17-point inspection protocol that will give us a clear picture of the state of your roof. When we have all the information, we can provide a customized service schedule, repair anything issues, or suggest a roof replacement. This inspection comes at no cost to you.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Remember, our complete roof inspections are complementary. Please call 844-499-7822 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.