Here’s why you should make Guardian your choice for quality roofing service in Sammamish, WA
Your roof is what stands between your family and your belongings and the elements outside. At Guardian, we understand that protecting your home starts with the roof, and we are dedicated to providing the best in roofing service for all of our clients in the Sammamish community.
Here’s what makes us different:
- We pick up the phone! Not only do we have long office hours or 7 to 7, six days a week. We also have a 24-hour emergency line, so we are never more than a phone call away. No need to leave voicemails or wait until office hours.
- We’re on time! We strive to be punctual for every appointment we set.
- We do one job at a time. Our roofing contractors are never double-booked, so the focus is on your project from start to finish.
- We give you straightforward pricing. We cover everything in our quoting before the job, so you won’t have sticker shock at the final bill.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
The roof performs an extremely important job, but it is vulnerable. Even a small piece of cosmetic damage may develop into something serious or be a sign of something else. Guardian is a top 100 roofing contractor, so we will fully investigate and diagnose any issues. No matter the size of the job, our GAF Master Elite roofing contractors are dedicated to making sure you are satisfied.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
A leaking roof is not just an expensive fix. It is also dangerous and can cause unbelievable amounts of damage inside your home. You will probably notice leaking during rainfall, but there are always underlying circumstances that have led to the leak in the first place. Here are some of the most common.
- Extreme temperatures are a major problem for roofs, as are temperatures that fluctuate quickly. The sun beating down on your roof can also weaken your roof and make it vulnerable.
- When snow and ice melt, the water can flow into tiny cracks between your shingles. The more water that gets into these cracks, the more they will start to expand. Not only that, but the weight of the snow or ice can cause the roof to sag or warp.
- Missing or damaged shingles expose an area for leaking.
- The mortar around chimneys could be damaged, or it may just be weakened from weather and exposure.
- The rubber and vinyl seals, much like the mortar, can dry out and crack, which leads to failure.
- The fasteners that help seal vent openings can also fail, as they wear down while exposed to the elements.
- Any holes that might get punctured into your roof can major access points for water.
- For larger houses, and those with more complicated rooflines, it can be tricky to properly seal the roof. Every inch, including all the valleys and slopes, must be waterproofed to prevent leaks.
- Moisture buildup in attics can attack your roof from the inside. Make sure your attic is well-ventilated so that moisture does not rot your wood and damage your insulation.
- If your gutters get blocked, then there is nowhere for the water to go. It can end up backing up under the shingles and rotting the wood underneath.
Leaking does not have to be the first sign of a problem, however. Making an annual inspection and maintenance schedule is a great way to identify and fix problems before they get too big. It can extend the life of your roof as well, and save you money on repair costs.
Simply put, the wind is the major enemy of your roof. A roof is designed to repel, but the wind can rip off the very outer layer or protection: the shingles. It can also damage them, leaving the underlayer or your roof exposed to water, snow, and whatever else Mother Nature has in store. It also blows over trees and puts debris on your roof, which can damage the shingles or worse as well.
After a windstorm, inspect your roof for problems right away. See if any shingles are missing and whether any are damaged. The mortar and brick of your chimneys may be damaged as well.
Getting poor service from a roofing contractor is not just frustrating, it can be devastating. If something is not fixed properly, it can leave your roof even more vulnerable than before. When your roof inevitably needs another repair, it will be even more costly since the original problem will have just gotten worse. That is why it is so vital to choose a reputable roofing company, like Guardian. Here are some tips for finding the best roofing contractor possible.
Finding the right roofing company from the start is key to avoiding these costly repairs. Here are a few steps you can take to make sure you choose the right roofing contractor:
- Find online reviews. There is no shortage of information and opinion on businesses these days. Check out directories like Yelp and Angie’s List for customer reviews. You can also get the opinions of friends and family who have needed roofing services.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. There is no reason to choose a company that does not have an A rating. The BBB will also list a company’s appropriate accreditation and licenses, insurance, and how long it has been in business.
- Look for industry awards and designations. Guardian is regularly striving to win the awards and earn the designations that signify us as one of the best in our business. It shows that we display the highest levels of customer service and workmanship. Because of this desire for excellence, our contractors have earned the level of GAF Master Elite. Only 3% of roofing contractor can make that claim. Clearly, when you choose Guardian, you are choosing the best in Sammamish.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company. It should be a red flag if a roofing company offers to save you money on the deductible and work directly with the insurance company. In many cases, this is an attempt to commit insurance fraud, so it is best to walk away.
- Get multiple estimates. It is always good to compare bids for pricing and scope of work. We are confident that after checking around, Guardian will still be your number 1 choice.
- Compare material options. Some contractors use better and more expensive materials than others. You may need to do some additional research to make sure that the materials are up to snuff for your project. If not, you will just have to have your roof repaired or replaced that much sooner.
Whether or not to repair or replace your roof is a decision that should not be taken lightly. A roof replacement can cost a lot of money, so you will have to weigh the pros and cons of investing in a new roof and repairing the current one. A roofing expert can help you make an informed decision.
When you are comparing bids for this job, do not go with the cheapest or with the most expensive just based on cost. You will need to ask a lot of questions to make sure that you understand the materials they are using and the service they are providing. Then you can decide which offer is the best deal.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: Brown spots or even dripping are clear signs that there is major damage to your roof. A professional should be contacted immediately in this case.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing directs water away from skylights, chimneys, vent pipes and, other roof components. If you think your flashing might not be working properly, then get it fixed right away. It is a quick and easy job and could save you big dollars by preventing more damage.
- Missing granules: Granules protect your roof in a variety of ways, including UV protection. If you are starting to lose the granules from your shingles, then it is a symptom of your roof nearing the end of its shelf-life.
- Buckled shingles: Shingles might start to buckle when the roof is nearing the time when it needs to be replaced.
- Missing shingles or shakes: Wind can rip shingles right off the roof, exposing the wood and insulation underneath.
- Curling shingles or shakes: If your roof is around 15 years old or more, and you notice that your shingles are curling, then it is most likely time for a new roof.
- Splitting shakes: The natural oils that are present in wood can dissipate and evaporate over time. When this wood, wood can split, which saps all of its strength. This circumstance calls for a roof replacement.
- Needles and leaves: Biological debris such as leaves and pine needles will attract algae, which can eat through the wood of your roof.
- Algae staining: The longer algae is allowed to feast on your roof, the more likely there will be visible stains. It is not a good idea to try to remove the stains yourself, as you may cause further damage. A roofing expert from Guardian can remove the stains and the algae safety and completely so your roof can look great again.
We are dedicated to keeping families in Sammamish safe from the elements while in their homes. If you have any damage to your roof or are not sure, then contact Guardian today.
It is always better to try and prevent problems than to deal with them after the fact. Preventative maintenance can help your roof last longer and save you money in repair costs. Being proactive will make sure that any small problems will be addressed before they become big problems. Guardian offers a complimentary 17-point inspection that will identify any issues and repair them immediately.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
In Sammamish, to schedule, an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
The 17-point inspection is free and gives us a wealth of information about your roof. With this information, we can decide whether your roof needs simple maintenance, repair, or even if it should be replaced. You have nothing to lose since there is no cost.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Remember, our complete roof inspections are complementary. Please call 844-499-7822 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.