Why Guardian? Because we provide the best roofing services in Maple Valley
Your roof is the first line of defense against the elements. We take that fact seriously at Guardian. Our specialists are committed to protecting your roof to make sure that your family and the contents of your home are protected.
Here’s what makes us different:
- We answer the phone! There is never a time when you can’ reach us. We have regular hours from 7am to 7pm, and we have a 24-hour emergency line for those times after hours when you need help.
- We’re punctual! We will show up on time for your appointment so you do not have to wait around for us.
- We focus on you until the job is complete. We do not double-book our contractors, so you can be assured that you have our full attention for the entirety of the job.
- We give you straightforward pricing. We perform a comprehensive inspection so that there are no surprises on your bill at the end.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
The roof performs a powerful job by protecting your home against the elements, but it can be delicate at the same time. The smallest bit of damage can lead to huge problems or by a sign of something bigger.
Guardian is a Top 100 Roofing Contractor, which means that you can sleep easy at night knowing you are in good hands. Our roofing service providers are professional and thorough and are all classified as GAF Master Elite Contractors. No matter the size of job, our experts are here to help.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
Sometimes the first sign you have that there is an issue with the roof is that the roof is leaking. There are many circumstances that could cause that leaking, however. Here are some of the most common.
- Weather events are the most common causes of problems with roofs. These can include extreme temperatures or temperatures that rise and fall suddenly. A hot sun that bears down on the roof can also age your roof much faster than you’d like.
- If too much snow and ice collect on your roof, then it will start to sag or warp. This will leave it vulnerable to leaking. As it melts, the water can collect in gaps under the shingles. This will expand those cracks and water will drip into the wood and insurance under it.
- Missing or damaged shingles expose an area for leaking.
- The mortar that holds brick chimneys together can get damaged and allow water to get in. This is also true for flashing and other roof components.
- The rubber and vinyl that seals skylights is also prone to cracking and drying out. If that happens, then the skylight may need to be replaced.
- The fasteners on vents are exposed, and as such can wear down. Vents are not designed to last longer than your roof, so you may need to replace them.
- Sometimes your roof can get holes in it from debris or from installing things onto it.
- The more complicated your roof design is, the more difficult it will be waterproof. Every inch of the roof must be sealed, so it will take an expert to make sure everything is covered.
- Attics can collect moisture, and if too much builds up, it creates mold, rotting, and damages the insulation. This can lead to problems with your roof from the bottom up. Make sure that your attic is properly ventilated so that your roof has no issues from the inside.
- If gutters are blocked, the water can end up backing up under the shingles. This will rot the wood and eventually allow water to seep into your home.
- No matter the severity of the problem, it is important to have it addressed as soon as possible. Small annoyances can turn into major problems over time, leading to huge repair costs and stress.
Wind can wreak havoc on your roof by damaging shingles and pulling them off the roof completely. The shingles are the very outer layer of your roof, and if they are stripped away or not fully sealed, water will have free reign to get into the woodwork and into your home. Wind will also blow debris up onto your roof, which can damage shingles and even the wood underneath.
If you have had high winds in your area, it is a good idea to check out your roof to see if there has been any damage. Check for missing, curled, or cracked shingles, and for any clogs in your gutters. You may also have damage to the mortar of your brick chimneys.
Your attic may contain some tell-tale signs that there is a problem. Keep an eye for wet insulation or damp wood.
Unfortunately, some contractors do not do a good job or make mistakes. An improperly repaired roof is especially dangerous. Not only is there a problem left unresolved, but the homeowner may think that the roof is secured. The problem will only get worse and the repair bill will only be higher when the problem is discovered.
You need to make sure that you find the right company to help with your repair or replacement. Here are some things you can do to help.
- Read the reviews. There is a lot of information online for most reputable roofing companies. Directories like Yelp or Angie’s list are great places to find authentic customer reviews.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. The BBB will have a rating, and will also list any licenses and accreditations a company has. It will also show how long the company has been in business.
- Look for industry awards and designations. Top roofing companies will strive to achieve industry designations and win awards. Those that get to that level provide the absolute best in customer service and workmanship. Guardian is part of the 3% of roofing companies who have achieved the elite GAF certification. That means that our contractors are considered Master Elite Contractors. They provide the best roofing services possible.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company If a company offers to deal with the insurance company for you, then it should be a red flag.
- Handle the insurance company yourself to make sure you are not involved in any insurance fraud scams.
- Get multiple estimates It’s always a good idea to have several options from which to choose.
- Compare material options. In general, the more a material costs, the better quality it is. However, there are some excellent materials that come at a reasonable price. It will be up to you to weigh the costs against the benefits and drawbacks of the materials that will be used.
Replacing a roof is not an easy decision. A good roofing contractor will help you make an informed decision by providing you with everything you need to know to choose whether you should have it repaired or replaced.
When testing out contractors to handle the work, make sure that you take every factor into your decision. Do not always go with the cheapest or the most expensive, for that matter. Price should not be the only factor. Go with the contractor that provides a good balance of quality materials and good customer service.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: Brown spots or dripping are pretty clear signs that something is wrong with your roof. If you see either of them, contact a professional roofer immediately.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing helps to protect skylights and chimneys by directing water away from them. If it is damage the water can get into those components and into your house. If you are unsure if they are functioning properly, contact an expert right away. This is an example of a quick fix that pay dividends down the road.
- Missing granules: If the granules from your shingles are starting to fall off, then it is a sign that the roof is getting old and may need replacement. If you are losing granules, then you are more vulnerable to leaks, detachment of shingles, and damage from UV rays.
- Buckled shingles: Buckles shingles almost always mean that the roof has gotten to the point where it is not serviceable anymore.
- Missing shingles or shakes: The wind can pull off shingles and shakes, and this can directly leave your insulation and wood exposed to the weather.
- Curling shingles or shakes: When a roof gets near the end of its life, then shingles and shakes can start to show signs of curling.
- Splitting shakes: The natural oils that are present in wood can dissipate over time. When this happens, the wood can split and lose its structural integrity. When this happens, you will most likely have to replace the roof.
- Needles and leaves: Clear off leaves and needles with a power washer if you see them collecting on your roof. They encourage the growth of algae, which can be deadly for your roof.
- Algae staining: If algae is allowed to take root, then it can stain your roof. This is a sign that it is already eating into your wood. Do not use that pressure washer to clean the stains, though, as that may cause more damage. Contact an expert from Guardian to clean the stains and remove the algae safely.
At Guardian, we understand that Maple Valley homeowners want to make sure their homes and the occupants are always safe. We take the challenge seriously and commit to keeping everything secure. If you suspect there is damage to the home, then make sure to contact us for a free inspection and an estimate for repairing the damage.
Prevention is much better than having to react when water has already gotten into you rhome. Taking measures to nip issues in the bud ahead of time is the best way to keep your repair bills low. Getting onto a roof inspection and maintenance schedule may cost more money at the beginning, but it can save money down the road. Guardian offers a 17-point inspection that will cover every inch of your roofing system, and we can set up an appropriate maintenance schedule as well.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
In Maple Valley, to schedule an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
We have a comprehensive, free of charge 17-point inspection. After evaluating your roof we can advise you as to whether you need repairs, replacement, or simply to set up a maintenance schedule. This inspection is at no cost to the customer, so there is no risk. In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Remember, our complete roof inspections are complementary. Please call 844-499-7822 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.