There are lots of roofing contractor options in Enumclaw, so why choose Guardian?
At Guardian, we believe that a strong roof is vital to protecting the health of your family and the structure of your home. We are dedicated to providing award-winning customer service to every client we have in Enumclaw, WA and the surrounding area.
Here’s what makes us different:
- We are always available! Our regular business hours are from 7-7, Monday to Saturday. However, even if it’s outside of those hours, you can still contact us on our 24-hour emergency line.
- We’re on time! We pride ourselves on being punctual for all appointments because we know that you have other priorities in your life.
- We tackle one job at a time. Our contractors can give you their full attention until the job is complete because we only book one job at a time.
- There are no pricing surprises. Our comprehensive inspections cover everything, so you will get a full picture of your cost without any overages in the end.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re happy. No exceptions.
Even the smallest cosmetic damage to your roof could lead to big problems or be an underlying sign of larger issues.
Guardian is a Top 100 Roofing Contractor, so you know that we employ only the most experienced and knowledgeable roofing contractors. They will provide you with reliable and friendly service from start to finish. No matter what size the job is, our team of GAF Master Elite Contractors is dedicated to helping you.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
Nobody likes to see leaks in their home, and it can be quite concerning. Most often, leaks are noticed after a heavy rainfall. While this might be when you first notice a leak, there can be many reasons why there is damage in the first place.
- Heavy weather is certainly a potential cause, but not just rain. It can also be from extreme temperatures or rapid changes in temperature. The sun beating down on your roof during a hot summer can also age your roof quickly.
- Snow and ice are major culprits for roof issues. As they build up and then melt, the water runoff gets into the miniscule cracks under the shingles. These cracks will slowly expand over time and become bigger gaps. Ice and snow also add a lot of weight to a roof and can cause warping and sagging.
- Missing or damaged shingles expose an area for leaking.
- The mortar that holds brick chimneys together can start to crumble or get damaged. This can leave the roof vulnerable to leaking.
- Skylights are also vulnerable points on your roof. They have vinyl and rubber seals that can dry out and crack. If that is the case then you may need to replace the skylight altogether.
- The exposed fasteners on vents can also wear down as they are exposed to the elements over the years.
- Holes that are made in your roof from installing components like a satellite dish or simply through mishap can be a source of problems.
- The more complicated and intricate your roofline is, the more difficult it will be to waterproof. Every slope, valley, and joint has to be sealed, which can be tricky.
- Ventilation in the attic is crucial so that you can adequately vent the moisture that tends to build up there. Otherwise the moisture buildup can lead to mod and rotting.
- If your gutters are blocked, rainwater can seep under the shingles, which can rot the wood that lies beneath.
While it may look like some of these causes are more serious than others, the fact is that they can all develop into more serious problems. One of the best ways to prevent smaller problems from becoming bigger is by scheduling annual inspections to nip those problems in the bud before they become major.
Wind can be extremely hazardous to the health of your roof. Wind can pull up shingles and expose the wood and insulation to water damage and rot, which can lead to leaking. Wind can also blow other debris, such as tree branches, onto the roof, which can cause major damage.
When you have experienced a major windstorm, make sure to inspect your roof right away. Check for any issues with the shingles, such as curling and cracking, and make sure that none have separated completely. Also, check your gutters to see if any debris has gotten in.
You can also take a look in your attic to see if there are any damp spots that were’ there before. You may also see sagging drywall or ceilings, discoloration on your walls, or peeling paint.
Unfortunately, using the wrong contractor can lead to bigger problems than the one you were getting fixed. If someone does not fix your roof correctly, it can be catastrophic. Not only is there damage, but you will have a false sense of security that your roof is solid. Your repair costs will only end up skyrocketing when you have to pay to have the mistakes corrected.
Finding the right roofing company from the start is key to avoiding these costly repairs. Here are a few steps you can take to make sure you choose the right roofing contractor:
- Read the reviews. There is so much information out there about contractors, that you can find reviews online. Look out for any consistent issues you see, or positive things as well. Yelp and Angie’s List are good sources for reviews.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. A reputable business should have an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. They may have a complaint, but make sure they are resolved. As well, the BBB listing should show if the business has accreditations and a long track record of excellence.
- Look for industry awards and designations. Awards and designations are hard to get, and they mean that a contractor has undergone a rigorous process to be successful. This means that they have good workmanship and display good customer service. Guardian is one of only 3% of roofing companies that have achieved GAF certification, which means we are recognized as Master Elite Contractors.
Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Work directly with your insurance company Unfortunately, there are some unscrupulous companies out there. They may try to work with your insurance company for you, but it may mean they are attempting insurance fraud. It is best to handle the insurance company yourself to make sure that everything is handled legitimately.
- Get multiple estimates so you can compare the price and scope of the work.
- Compare material options. Some are going to be more expensive, and there are steps to take to ensure longevity, which may also be costlier. Decide what your goals are and evaluate accordingly.
Buying a new roof is a big investment on your home. A good roofing contractor will discuss all of your options and help you decide whether a repair or a complete rebuild is necessary.
It’s important to remember that the cheaper bid is not always the best one. They may not be as reputable a company, or they may use sub-par materials. Do not be shy to ask many questions when you meet with potential contractors.
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: Dripping from your ceiling or brown spots often mean that here is major damage to your roof. This should be looked at immediately by a professional.
- Damaged flashing: If you have components on your roof like skylights and vent pipes, then they need flashing to protect them. If the flashing is damaged, then you could be exposed to leaking. If you are not sure if the flashing is safe, then call the professionals at Guardian right away.
- Missing granules: The granules on shingles do many things, such as protect against harmful UV rays. If granules are falling off, then your roof might be on its last legs. The fewer granules there are, the more vulnerable your roof will be.
- Buckled shingles: These are usually a symptom of a more serious issue. Contact someone right away for an inspection and diagnosis.
- Missing shingles or shakes: This happens due to wind, but having missing shingles or shakes exposes your roof to a variety of mishaps.
- Curling shingles or shakes: If your shingles are curling, then it is a good sign that your roof is nearing the end of its useful life. If it’s been 15 years and you have curling, then it is probably time for a replacement.
- Splitting shakes: As wood ages, it loses its natural oils. When wood loses its oils, it tends to split. This is another sign that your roof needs replacing.
Needles and leaves: Make sure to get leaves and needles off your roof as quickly as possible. They can encourage algae growth, which can destroy your roof.
- Algae staining: If you have algae staining on your roof, then it is a sign that algae is eating through the wood of your roof. Do not try to pressure wash the stain away. A professional from Guardian will use a safe, non-abrasive product that will remove stains and algae safely.
There’s nothing more important than keeping your family safe, and we take our commitment to the community seriously. If you’ve noticed any of the above damage, call us right away for a free inspection and estimate.
When it comes to roof repair and replacement, there is nothing better than preventing problems before they get too big. By applying preventative maintenance you can make your roof last longer and save money in the long run. Too often, we don’t know there is a problem with our roof until it is too late.
A regular, 17-point inspection from Guardian will help identify small problems before they grow. Our experts can also develop a strategy to fix the issue so that it doesn’t’ develop.
If you’re not sure if you’re due for maintenance, here’s a general guide to know if it’s time:
- Leaves and needles are collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are visible
- You live in a high wind area
- You get annual snow and ice
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than ten years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
To schedule an evaluation, call our office at 844-499-7822 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly representatives will schedule a time for one our licensed and drug-tested technicians to perform a thorough evaluation.
We go through an intensive 17-point inspection so that we can get all the information necessary to strategize an appropriate maintenance schedule for your roof. We may also recommend certain repairs or even replacement. Our inspection is complementary, so there is no risk to you.
In the inspection, we check:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eaves
- Adequate attic ventilation
- Attic intake vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot in the attic
- Proper R-Value in attic insulation
- Adequate sealing at all storm collars at pipes
- Valleys for cracks
- Missing shingle granules
- Blockage in gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Loose shingles
- Seals on shingles
- Pipe flashings for cracks
- Holes or cracks in attic vents
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Curling, deterioration or brittleness of shingles.
Remember, our complete roof inspections are complementary. Please call 844-499-7822 or schedule online today. Make sure that your home is protected from the harsh elements that can cause damage.