The Pacific Northwest gets TONS of rain, so gutters are essential for almost every home. Gutters play an important role in your entire roofing system. That’s why gutter inspections and cleanings are a routine part of our roof maintenance program. And if you’re looking to replace or install a brand new gutter system, we’re equipped to install custom seamless gutters designed to the dimensions of your home.
Rain gutters are attached to the edge of your roof, just beyond the eave. They catch rain and hail, which then flows to a spout and is drained away from the house. It may sound like a simple process, but if you have damaged or clogged gutters there can be major repercussions.
Without proper drainage, the rain water can damage your siding, roofing structure, landscaping, insulation and weaken your foundation. The water leaking into your home can also cause interior water damage. If your home has leaky, damaged, or clogged gutters, then your system is effective enough to protect your home.
Clogged gutters also lead to stagnant water that can attract mosquitos, who use it as a breeding ground. Additionally, when the temperature drops, pooled water can freeze into ice dams that break gutters or cause leaks in your roof.
These problems can pile up during the rainy season, which is why durable gutters are vital when it comes to keeping your home water-free.
Why Gutters Are Important for Every Home
When it rains, or the ice melts, the water washes down your roof. The same water also carries debris, shingle granules, pine needles, and leaves into the gutters. If not regularly removed or cleaned out, the debris will clog your gutters, causing them to fail. Clogged gutters cause water damage to your roof and home, and eventually the corrosion of the gutters themselves. Gutters have other benefits also.
- Prevention of landscaping or soil erosion. Water tends to fan out, puddle, or carve into the soil if it is not funneled properly. Properly installed gutter systems should redirect the water in a specific way to prevent water from moving across sidewalks and driveways where it can freeze and cause accidents. Your home should have a drainage plan so that water from the gutters is directed as far as possible from your home’s foundation to prevent erosion.
- Keep your foundation safe and your basement or crawl space dry. Water is a powerful force of nature. Over time, water and ice can damage your foundation and allow water to collect under your home. Water problems under your home can mean destruction to your equipment, the invasion of pests, and the development of mold.
- Enhance the aesthetics to your home exterior. Gutters can complement the siding, roof color, and the rest of the house. There are lots of gutter materials to choose from. Vinyl gutters come in various colors and are more affordable. Copper gutters are expensive but look classy and shiny. Aluminum is the most common material used to make gutters as it is very durable and long-lasting.
- Preserve roofing shingles and other materials. It is important that rainwater doesn’t build-up beneath the roof structure. If it does, it damages your roofing material and leads to roof leaks.
- Protection for your siding. It doesn’t matter what kind of siding your home has, even the highest quality siding gets damaged over time without gutters in place. Missing, damaged, or clogged gutters allow rainwater to soak and stain anything in its path, including your beautiful siding.
Gutter Guards from GutterDome
Gutters are an extremely important investment when it comes to protecting your home. So, an important part of your gutter system should be GutterDome Gutter guards Gutter Dome is a screen that provides a permanent solution to the unavoidable issue of clogged gutters. Unmatched in durability and performance, Award Winning GutterDome has several unique factors that set it apart as the industry’s best choice for gutter guards. “Additionally, our gutter screens help to save homeowners time and protect them from injury. Each year, more than 500,000 people are treated for ladder-related injuries in America alone. Our gutter protection systems remove the risk that comes with balancing precariously on a ladder and clearing gutters by hand. In fact, GutterDome products eliminate gutter cleaning for all-time!” says Gutterdome.
- Performance – A distinctive dome shaped mesh prevents debris from gathering on the surface of the guard.
- Strength – Made of long-lasting military grade extruded aluminum, unlike other brands made of rolled aluminum and plastic.
- Durability – Clear anodizing finish stops corrosion and extends the life of the gutters.
- Warranty – Backed by a 30 year Lifetime Guarantee to safeguard your investment.
Our Gutters Services include…
- Installation – Guardian offers seamless custom gutters made onsite to fit your home and aesthetic.
- Cleaning – Our comprehensive cleaning service includes cleaning out debris, sealing all end-caps and miters (corner), and reinforcing with hidden hanger to maintain strength and durability.
- Gutter Guards – Our top of the line gutter guards protect your gutters from becoming clogged by debris and roof granules, ultimately extending the life of your gutters and protecting your home.
- Gutter Repair – We can repair your existing gutters after an assessment of the repairs needed, or advise you on a replacement.
Guardian roofing can also take care of your entire roof and gutter system with our Guardian Protection Plan. We will inspect your roof annually and clean your gutters for you!
If your home needs new gutters, gutter components, or gutter protection, contact Guardian Roofing today by calling 877-926-9966, or requesting your FREE estimate online. Our friendly team of experts is standing by, ready to help you find the best solution to fit your home’s needs.