When you live in the Pacific Northwest, you have to prepare for very wet weather. Your roof should be inspected and maintained annually to ensure optimal roof health and performance. Removing moss, leaves, and debris from your roof and gutters will prevent premature aging and damage. Regular roof inspection and our regular maintenance program will not only add years to the life of the roof, but it will detect minor problems before the damage is widespread and costly. Our team of highly trained technicians use material-specific tools, environmentally conscious chemicals, and methods of cleaning for each type of roof we clean.
Do’s And Don’t For Roof Maintenance
- Don’t power-wash your shingles. The concentrated spray loosens the granules from the products’ top coating, which damages and causes premature aging of the shingles. This damage might not be covered by the warranty.
- Clean the gutters regularly. and remove debris from the roof. Ensure gutters are secure and in good repair. Leaves, pine needles, twigs or silt buildup will trap water and cause a capillary action where water tracks underneath the tiles or shingles and seeps into your home.
- Trim your trees. Removing branches that overhang your roof will prevent damage caused by falling branches.
- Visually inspect for and repair damage. Look for and repair loose or missing flashing, leaks, seal roof penetrations, and vents. Repairing damage as soon as it occurs will prevent those small repairs from becoming major leaks.
- Examine your home for signs of pest damage Your roof and attic are common points of entry for pests like bats, birds and squirrels.
- Remove moss and algae. Moss and algae thrive in cool, damp environments, which can shave years off the life of your roof.
- Insulate and ventilate attics. Ensuring that your attic has effective insulation and air flow will prevent moisture damage in your attic.
- Remove ice and snow from your roof. Buildup of ice and snow is heavy and can damage your roof. Snow buildup can create ice dams, which allows water to seep under your shingles.
Guardian’s Roof Protection Plan can ensure that all of your maintenance issues are addressed annually. Our comprehensive Protection Plan not only extends the life of your roof, but saves you money and stress in the long run. The plan has many benefits, like lower repair costs. Every time your roof needs repair, that’s more money out of your pocket. Repairing little items is less expensive than large ones. In addition to improving the life of your roof, a well maintained roof increases your home’s value during resale. Your insurance company may also see the value of a safer, well maintained roof by lowering your rates.
17 Point Roof Inspection
If you’ve ever gone through the stress and expense of replacing your roof, the last thing you want to do is risk having to do it again when the next storm hits. At Guardian Roofing, our Seattle Roofing Experts provide long-lasting roof repairs and replacement from most any storm with our proven industry-leading installation process.
This painstaking process is what makes our roof solutions tougher than most others. That all adds up to roofing systems that last longer, protecting your family and home for years beyond roofs installed by ordinary standards.
Our 17 Point Roof Inspection includes checking for:
- Proper shingle overhangs at gutters, and eves.
- Measure for, and calculate for proper attic ventilation.
- Inspect attic intake vents for blockage.
- Interior attic inspection for moisture, or dry rot.
- Inspect attic insulation for proper R-Value.
- Inspect all storm collars at pipes for proper seal.
- Inspect all valleys for cracks and determination.
- Inspect roof for missing shingle granules.
- Check gutters and downspouts for blockage.
- Inspect fasten method used from the original installation.
- Inspect flashings at all walls.
- Check for loose shingles.
- Inspect seals on shingles to help prevent wind damage.
- Inspect all pipe flashings for cracks.
- Inspect all Attic vents for holes or cracks detraction.
- Inspect all rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot.
- Check to see if shingles are curled, brittle, or deteriorated.
If you are in need of a complete roof inspection, please call 877-926-9966 or schedule online so we can make sure you are protected from all the harsh elements that may damage your home! Sign up for the Roof Maintenance Program with Guardian Roofing
Guardian Roofing recommends asking for our free roof and attic inspection. Our expert tile roof inspector will determine if your roof is at risk. If your roof is in need of maintenance, we’ll use our gentle process of air and light rinsing to get the roof and water channels clean. So, if you have moss and algae issues, give us a call at 877-926-9966, or schedule a free inspection online.
About Guardian Roofing
Guardian Roofing and Pest Control is trusted by homeowners and businesses from Tacoma to Seattle. As full-service residential roof contractor for repairs, replacements, maintenance, and cleaning, Guardian Roofing has established itself as the premier roofing contractor in King, Pierce, Snohomish, Kitsap, and Thurston county. Founded in 2005, Guardian has helped thousands of clients in the Puget Sound protect their homes and families by extending the life of their roof through Roof Maintenance, Roof Repairs, and Total Roof Replacements.