Being proactive is the best way to prevent pests from taking over your life. These are some of the common summer pests and how to protect your home from them. Every situation is unique and we can help you get to the bottom of yours. Protect your yard from pests this summer with Guardian’s Pest Protection Plan.
Ants can very quickly take over your home by searching for food and building mounds. Some ant varieties can also deteriorate the wood in your home. Here are some of the best ways to prevent ants from becoming a problem in your home.
- Keeping your home clean. Ants will try to find any traces of food that are left out in your home. Be sure to wipe and sweep any crumbs that may have fallen on the floor and counters. It is also best to not leave dirty dishes sitting out for long periods of time. If you have food that is left on the counter, be sure to put it in an airtight container that ants are not able to get into.
- Repair any holes or cracks on the outside of your home. These areas are prime spots for ants to enter, so if they are sealed off it is much more difficult for them to get in.
- For ants that decay wood, such as Carpenter ants, be sure to keep any wood that is stored in or around your home dry and secure. Ants prefer moist conditions, so keeping your wood dry helps prevent them from coming.
It can be incredibly frustrating to spot garden pests, especially if you are trying to grow things like flowers and crops. Fortunately, there are lots of ways to help prevent them. If they do get out of hand, contact Guardian Pest Control for assistance and 10% off our protection plan.
- Healthy soil is one of the best ways to have a healthy and pest-free garden. This helps your plants boost their immune systems and have the ability to fight off pests if they do come.
- Crop rotation can be very beneficial in preventing pests from coming back. If you do encounter a pest problem, try planting your crops in a different area the next year to prevent them from concentrating on the same area each year.
There is nothing that ruins a summer day quite like getting stung. Luckily, there are ways to prevent these insects such as mosquitoes from taking over your home. Since mosquitoes can be difficult to manage on your own Guardian Pest Solutions offers control services that can give you peace of mind. Here are some things you can do in the meantime if you do have problems.
- Reduce standing water around our home since this is where mosquitoes tend to spend a lot of their time.
- Keep your doors and windows closed, especially in the evening. You can also get nets to cover doors and windows that help prevent mosquitoes.
- Try planting mosquito repelling plants. Plants such as citronella, lemongrass, and rosemary produce fragrances and essential oils that can help prevent mosquitos.
What Guardian Home Pest Control Will Do for You
When you hire our pest control services, our team of professionals use a tried and trusted approach to remove the threat permanently.
- Inspection: It isn’t enough to locate the pests, it is essential to understand why they are coming into your home. For example, Carpenter Ants love wet wood. In the case of rodents, we determine the different ways they get in and devise a strategy to keep them out!
- Exclusion: One of the best ways to keep pests out of your home is by addressing any minor damage to key entry points. When dealing with mice, for instance, we look for the gaps they use to come in and seal them or lay traps.
- Exterminate: We only embark on full extermination when we are 100% sure that it will be successful.
- Prevention: While other pest control services in Seattle are content to do the bare minimum, Guardian Home enjoys going the extra mile for our customers. Once our exterminator has done his job, the next step is to set up an external barrier to ensure you never have to contend with those pests again.
Guardian Pest Control can help you stay ahead of the problems and is currently offering 10% off our Annual Pest Control Protection Plan. Every situation is unique and we can help you get to the bottom of yours. Protect your yard from pests this summer with Guardian’s Pest Protection Plan. Ask us about our 10% discount
The benefits to having Guardian’s Pest Control Protection Plan:
- Year round coverage
- You never have to pay for additional service charges
- You are guaranteed to not have your pests return
If you are in need of a complete roof inspection or pest control services, please call 877-926-9966 or schedule online so we can make sure you are protected from all the harsh elements that may damage your home!